Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone switched to a single cable throttle (VZ)???

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DANGERTASTIC
DANGERTASTIC

Anyone switched to a single cable throttle (VZ)??? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone switched to a single cable throttle (VZ)???   Anyone switched to a single cable throttle (VZ)??? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 4:33 pm

So Im wanting to go with a different throttle and convert to single cable.

Has anyone pulled it off?   Is the return spring strong enough?  

Honestly I cant see there being any problems with it.

Soldering new cable ends looks to be the most difficult part.

Let me know, Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Anyone switched to a single cable throttle (VZ)???   Anyone switched to a single cable throttle (VZ)??? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 6:53 pm

I have a single cable on my bike, have done ever since I installed my first set of ape hangers in August 2012. I can't see for one second the need for the second cable so don't use it, I have removed them for one reason or another on many bikes.
Back to top Go down
DANGERTASTIC
DANGERTASTIC

PostSubject: Re: Anyone switched to a single cable throttle (VZ)???   Anyone switched to a single cable throttle (VZ)??? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 6:57 pm

Roger that. 

That's all I needed to hear. I wanna go with the Whisky throttle, I hate dual cables, my Savage doesn't have it and I actually contemplated throwing that one on.

So you just ditch the cable with the splitter and call it a day
Back to top Go down
Two-Bears
* VZ Guru *
Two-Bears

PostSubject: Re: Anyone switched to a single cable throttle (VZ)???   Anyone switched to a single cable throttle (VZ)??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 4:50 am

Hello DANGERTASTIC,,,,,,,Your bike , VZ800 Marauder, has two carbs with one of the cable coming from your throttle ( the pull cable) this cable comes to the left side of the front cylinder air box where it splits ( the splitter) into two separate throttle pull cables one going to the front carb and the other to the rear carb,,, this is an important point when sync`ing the carbs as the two pull throttle cables must be adjusted to the same length,,,,,,, You say 

"So you just ditch the cable with the splitter and call it a day"

you won't be able to ditch the splitter mate, you will give yourself a shit load of problems there are 5 cables going to/between these carbs and syncing can be a pain,.
There is a short return cable connected between the two carbs and the second cable from your throttle (main return cable) should connect to a cam that the short return cable ( between the carbs) connects too at the front carb with spring pressure giving the throttle return. If memory serves you adjust throttle free play at the point of contact between the main throttle return cable and the front carb cam at the main return cable end adjuster, you could I suppose disregard this main throttle return cable as long as it doesn't give you throttle grip free play problems.
Not to sure about this but I believe VL Intruders of the same era I.E carb models only had one carb and later models have fuel injection, if so it would be much easier to do away with the return cable.
Hope this is of some help and good luck.
Back to top Go down
DANGERTASTIC
DANGERTASTIC

PostSubject: Re: Anyone switched to a single cable throttle (VZ)???   Anyone switched to a single cable throttle (VZ)??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 9:01 pm

Roger that and I thought of this later on after writing it.

I don't want the dual cable setup. Im tryin to clean the bars up and want a different throttle.

I know it could be done with some work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone switched to a single cable throttle (VZ)???   Anyone switched to a single cable throttle (VZ)??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone switched to a single cable throttle (VZ)???
Page 1 of 1