Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800

Go down 
+5
Mr Intruder
oldtom
simbo
captain crash
OldManYam
9 posters
AuthorMessage
-beefy-

Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800 Empty
PostSubject: Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800   Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 11:35 am

Good morning all , my names Brian 

I'm currently trying to trace the current owner of my late fathers v plate vz800 marauder

It was sold during his illness a few years ago and since his passing I've been desperate to have it back in the family 

It's very distinctive with custom white paint and it had white wall tyres at time of sale 

I believe it is in Ireland 

The reg is V170 KPU

Any information will be greatly appriceated and treat in strictest confidence 

Thank you for taking time to read , will try to post pic
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

PostSubject: Re: Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800   Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 11:39 am

Hi Beefy,

Interesting concept - hope you get some help with tracing the bike.

I wonder if the registration number will have changed if it went to Northern Ireland ?

It is most likely to have changed if it went to Southern Ireland.

Do you have the chassis number or engine numbers - 'cos if so you might be able to approach the vehicle registration authorities. Might even be worth an enquiry with DVLA.

Good luck in your search.

Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800 3005623951  Yam
Back to top Go down
-beefy-

PostSubject: Re: Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800   Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 11:43 am

Approached the dvla went through all proper channels etc and was told they cannot release the information 

On dvla site it's showing the same colour and that it currently t&t on reg check 

Really am running out of ideas hence hoping the site can help 

Currently posting via iPhone will try n post a pic when I get on laptop
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800   Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 3:16 pm

Have you thought of contacting the RAC and the AA and Green flag, tell them what the crack is and ask if they could pass on your detail to the current owner if they have it on file.
Do you have a picture of it cause it may catch someones eye if there was something not 100% factory about it

Best of luck
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800   Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 5:50 pm

Hi beefy, Have you tried Facebook?, posting it in things like "biker mates", "100% biker" and other such groups? could be worth a try.
Back to top Go down
oldtom
oldtom

PostSubject: Re: Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800   Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 5:56 pm

Good luck with your hunt. Have you thought of a letter to MCN begging their help. Although it's not a "cruiser" specific paper there's plenty of folk in the biking brotherhood who may know someone who knows someone etc.
Back to top Go down
-beefy-

PostSubject: Re: Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800   Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 7:40 pm

Thanks for the input guys.  

I'll sort pic asap
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800   Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 8:33 pm

Welcome -beefy-, I hope a picture helps someone on here, good luck mu friend, we'll do all we can to help. Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800 1530558013
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

PostSubject: Re: Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800   Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 10:06 pm

Can the DVLA searchable public records indicate where the bike was last MOT'd ?

I will not give the address - but if it gives the testing station number you can then try to back track from that.
Back to top Go down
smart
Valued Member
smart

PostSubject: Re: Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800   Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 11:32 pm

Hi Beefy Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800 304308752 admirable what your trying to do  Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800 3768075377  with your search
Back to top Go down
-beefy-

PostSubject: Re: Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800   Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 4:52 pm

Struggling to upload pics 

But have created a FB page 

https://www.facebook.com/dadswhitemarauder

If you could like & share
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

PostSubject: Re: Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800   Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 5:00 pm

What an excellent example Brian, I am sure the guys here will upload the pictures for you.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800   Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 5:11 pm

Hi Brian, I've shared on fb and downloaded a couple of pics for the site, Nice Bike! good luck  Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800 3498837457
Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800 Vz_zps327e0b30
Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800 Vz2_zps3187df00
Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800 Vz1_zps278d2fc2
Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800 Vz3_zpsc1b92117
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800   Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 6:53 pm

Love it, a great looking bike.
Back to top Go down
-beefy-

PostSubject: Re: Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800   Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 7:40 pm

Thanks guys , I did the work myself during his illness , unfortunately he didn't have the energy to ride it . 

It's one of three bikes he owned ( 4th was written off and no chance of recovery )  I have the other two I'm my possession 

But I need this bike back !!!!! 

Keep sharing folks
Back to top Go down
-beefy-

PostSubject: Re: Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800   Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 4:33 pm

Still searching folks !!! 

A thank you to all who liked and shared the page !!! 

Any leads would be great !!!!
Back to top Go down
ardie
Valued Member
ardie

PostSubject: Re: Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800   Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 6:28 pm

hi brian ardie here from londonderry do you think bike is in northern ireland or southern ireland as this will make a diff as to any help i can be .if in north might be able to ask a favour of friend in police if only to pass ur details on to current owner
Back to top Go down
-beefy-

PostSubject: Re: Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800   Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 10:20 am

I believe it Is in Bangor ardie , 

North or south I'm not sure ,  surely it can hurt to ask your friend either way , I believe it's still on uk plates as it showing on dvla checker - ardie any information that leads to owner will see a reward to parties involved in helping to find it , 

My mobile is 07787354837 should anyone want to speak in confidence ..

Bri
Back to top Go down
ardie
Valued Member
ardie

PostSubject: Re: Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800   Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 12:24 pm

hi brian bangor is in northern ireland  not far of beifast will see friend this w end and see if he can help. any help i can be will be given free .have posted this on our facebook over here will ask for people in bangor area to help .red tape might hinder wat he can do with data protection laws and the like but we will try our best where there a will  theres a way .what makes u think its northern ire land reason i ask is theres a bangor in wales
Back to top Go down
-beefy-

PostSubject: Re: Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800   Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 9:46 am

I collected the chap from the local train station ardie , obviously engaging in conversation he mentioned he's from Bangor , I had actually forgot but my missus ( her family being from belmullet c/mayo ) rembered . It must be an Irish thing to rember any conversation about Ireland lol 

Anyway I know he was booked on the return ferris that eve from Stranraer 

So that's why I'm asking for anyone local to there to keep any eye open

I'm not asking or expecting anyone to break the law or put there jobs on the line , 

But even if he could just Inform the owner , opposed to sharing his info with me that would surely be enough to open contact
Back to top Go down
ardie
Valued Member
ardie

PostSubject: Re: Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800   Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 1:22 pm

hi brian yes thats what i am thinking have nt been able to see him yet as he changed his phone no recently. have a couple of bike clubs informed bangor not that big i am hopeful there will be a positive outcome to this.rest assured ill keep at it
Back to top Go down
-beefy-

PostSubject: Re: Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800   Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:53 pm

Can't thank you enough for your efforts !!
Back to top Go down
ardie
Valued Member
ardie

PostSubject: Re: Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800   Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 4:05 pm

hi brian still on it have a guy in bangor who deliver to bike shops in bangor he s goin to inquire with them .mate got back to me and its a no go goin down that road over here ./ for reasons i cant go into on here.whens a good time to give u a bell
Back to top Go down
-beefy-

PostSubject: Re: Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800   Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 12:17 pm

Any evening ardie ,

Sorry for the late reply been really busy with work 

Usually home and sorted by 8pm or can be reached via txt any time
Back to top Go down
-beefy-

PostSubject: Re: Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800   Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 8:05 am

Bump
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800   Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi all - needing help tracing my fathers vz 800
Page 1 of 1