Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

v&h pipes...what ones?

Go down 
+3
mk2mattw
Mr Intruder
simbo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mk2mattw
mk2mattw

v&h pipes...what ones? Empty
PostSubject: v&h pipes...what ones?   v&h pipes...what ones? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 10:49 am

Hiya guys!new to bikes and this forum!recently purchased a 55plate volusia,bit of YouTube searching and found the awesome sound of the v&h pipes!!! Question is with all these random codes that I don't have a clue about yet,how do I know which ones will fit?
Cheers
Newbie Matt
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: v&h pipes...what ones?   v&h pipes...what ones? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 11:10 am

Hi Matt, All the V&H Pipes for VL800's will physically fit your bike, It just depends on if the bike is fuel injected or has carbs?
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: v&h pipes...what ones?   v&h pipes...what ones? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 11:21 am

I have V&H Cruisers fitted & love them. Some times I run them stock, some times I run them with quiet baffles installed, depends what mood I'm in. Great exhausts anyway, love them.
I do not know what codes you are talking of?

As mentioned by Sim, some 55 could be left over carb bikes. If yours is a true 55, then it will be fuel injected. If it's a carbed bike, just fit them, if it is fuel injected, do the following.

If you want to be very very very kind to the planet, then have the bosses & CO2 sensor fitted. This will require a single holes drilled in to one of the pipes on your year. have the boss welded to it & fit the CO2 sensor. The CO2 sensor is the thing you have sticking out of your top stock pipe with a lead coming from it.
If you don't want to save the planet from a minute amount of extra emission coming from the bike then:
Fit the pipes & open the side cover &simply cut wire #23 and ride the bike like you stole it. Simples.
Back to top Go down
mk2mattw
mk2mattw

PostSubject: Re: v&h pipes...what ones?   v&h pipes...what ones? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 11:35 am

Great help cheers guys! The bike was registered 29/10/05 but I suppose I could have been sat waiting to be registered! So even though mine is a volusia it doesn't matter if I get one for a standard 800 or specific to it?
I'm handy with a welder so I can fit the lambda boss :)
The baffles come with them or is that an extra you bought Mr Intruder?
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: v&h pipes...what ones?   v&h pipes...what ones? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 12:12 pm

I bought the extra quiet baffles.
If your bike has a wire coming from the top exhaust it's a fuel injected model.
Back to top Go down
mk2mattw
mk2mattw

PostSubject: Re: v&h pipes...what ones?   v&h pipes...what ones? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 3:32 pm

Oh the codes I qas talking about earlier were m50 c50 does that mean anything to you guys?
Back to top Go down
mk2mattw
mk2mattw

PostSubject: Re: v&h pipes...what ones?   v&h pipes...what ones? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 3:48 pm

And I have read something about a pair valve mod?no idea what that is tbh! Sorry for the millions of questions I'm just really excited to get this thing going and on the road as soon as I pass my test:)
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: v&h pipes...what ones?   v&h pipes...what ones? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 4:56 pm

mk2mattw wrote:
Oh the codes I qas talking about earlier were m50 c50 does that mean anything to you guys?
M50 & C50 are just the American names for M800 & VL/C800, they work in Cubic Inches (50) as we work in Cubic Centimeters (800) Same bikes just different numbers.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: v&h pipes...what ones?   v&h pipes...what ones? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 8:01 pm

Aaahhh now I get you, nice one Sim for decoding the codes. v&h pipes...what ones? 3498837457   v&h pipes...what ones? 852880
Back to top Go down
mk2mattw
mk2mattw

PostSubject: Re: v&h pipes...what ones?   v&h pipes...what ones? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 6:05 am

Ah that makes sense! Any ideas on this pair valve mod?
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: v&h pipes...what ones?   v&h pipes...what ones? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 8:49 am

You can get a pair valve blanking kit from ( HERE ) can't see the point in it myself. I like the gurgling on deceleration.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: v&h pipes...what ones?   v&h pipes...what ones? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 3:55 pm

Does seem like a lot of work for very little result, I know depending on the setup the pipes can gurgle pop or bang on deceleration but I am sure there aint any performance result from doing it
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: v&h pipes...what ones?   v&h pipes...what ones? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 4:57 pm

captain crash wrote:
I am sure there aint any performance result from doing it
None, just what one wants to hear or not. A very common mod, what suits one doesn't always suit the other & vice versa.
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: v&h pipes...what ones?   v&h pipes...what ones? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 1:09 pm

mk2mattw wrote:
And I have read something about a pair valve mod?no idea what that is tbh! Sorry for the millions of questions I'm just really excited to get this thing going and on the road as soon as I pass my test:)
Hi Matt

Just seen your other post about PAIR valve removal.

There are two reasons (that I know of) for removal - one is aesthetic, some people like to see "naked jugs", rather than what looks like a mimi air filter cover.  The other (which seems to affect carb versions) is that fitting an after-market exhaust can bugger up the running if not set-up correctly.  This explains all the ins & outs - Moccs Place.  When I first had mine, the previous owner had fitted Highway Hawks.  It ran like a pig & sounded awful on over-run - I love a nice bit of "pop" on over-run, but this was way too much.  Removed 'em & the difference was amazing - cured the over-run completely & improved the running no-end. 

Personally, I prefer the clean barrels look - but that is purely a matter of taste

v&h pipes...what ones? <a href=v&h pipes...what ones? DSC08608%20-%20Copy_zpsc5pptjbk" />
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: v&h pipes...what ones?   v&h pipes...what ones? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 5:29 pm

got to agree looks nice with out the pair valve plus it's one thing less to clean and also makes cleaning easier once it's out of the way hhhrrummmmmmmm think I want to do this mod lol
Back to top Go down
EazyDuz
EazyDuz

PostSubject: Re: v&h pipes...what ones?   v&h pipes...what ones? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 7:40 pm

You could keep the pair valve cover and put a fuse box behind it, or a hidden switch for something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: v&h pipes...what ones?   v&h pipes...what ones? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

v&h pipes...what ones?
Page 1 of 1