Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newbie Question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Keith81
Keith81

Newbie Question Empty
PostSubject: Newbie Question   Newbie Question Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 1:31 pm

Hi all,

Im new here, I am taking delivery of my 2005 M800 next month so I am toying with ideas of things I can do to the bike.

I am a happily single fella and I would like to remove the rear seat from my bike as I always ride alone. Research has shown it would leave the bolts at the back of the seat exposed. 

I have seen the newer model can have a rear seat cover/panel fitted when the rear seat is removed, My question is.. Would I be able to fit the newer shape rear fender to my bike, Has anyone already done this on here?

My rear bikes rear looks like this at the minute 

Newbie Question <a href=Newbie Question M800" />

And I would like it to look more like this 

Newbie Question <a href=Newbie Question M8006" />

Thanks in advance for your help, Keith
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

Newbie Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie Question   Newbie Question Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 3:08 pm

Keith it looks like you have a one piece seat as opposed to two seperate ones,first of all the newer m800.s have a different set up for the rear cowl,you could get a single saddle to fit your model and fabricate yourself a cowl,but depending on your skills this may be too much bother.If you want to try the bobber look and just have a riders seat,then it would be easier,always keep your original seat to see which is more comfortable,as standard seats are not very user friendly.When you take charge of your new ride i will become more apparent.Excellant machine.
Back to top Go down
Keith81
Keith81

Newbie Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie Question   Newbie Question Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 3:43 pm

Thanks for your reply Alfie92. Yes it does look like a one piece seat now you have pointed it out.
Im looking forward to having the bike here in the garage so I can be hands on and get to know it.
 My fabrication skills aren't too bad So I may be able to conjure something up but I do like the look of the newer rear end so I might take inspiration from the design. Thanks again for the info Newbie Question 184121345
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Newbie Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie Question   Newbie Question Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 5:16 pm

Hi Keith, the seat in the photo is a 2 piece, it's the strap that has slipped down over the joint, You could put a rear fender and fittings (lights & reg hanger) from a later model M800 as they use the same frame, It would be an expensive change though, You'd have to buy a rear fender and brace and also the chrome supports, you'd also need to have it painted the same Blue and also the seat cowl as I'm not sure Suzuki haven't done the later model in that Blue?
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

Newbie Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie Question   Newbie Question Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 9:15 pm

Keith/Sim I stand corrected just blew the pic up and noticed the stiching does not line up,well spotted Sim.
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

Newbie Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie Question   Newbie Question Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 10:33 pm

be honest mate if you want the rear end to have a rounded shaped mud guard and went down the suzy rout like Sim said it would cost a lot you can however get hold of rear mud guards for about £100 give or take a bit £10/£20 quid each way (depends what you want) you can find them on line you will have to shape it (trim sides) to how you want, drill holes where you want and then spray it to match your bike but they do come out lookin good Newbie Question 3498837457 other wise you can get kits where all the work has been done for you and you just take of the old and fit the new think I've seen people on this site with em fitted they look good but they also cost a lot though
Back to top Go down
Keith81
Keith81

Newbie Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie Question   Newbie Question Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 6:45 am

Thanks for the replies guys. Simao has confirmed my suspicions as I thought it might be possible with new brace, fender and chrome supports.
 I have noticed a few places have sales on at the minute and I have priced the individual items, the most expensive being a brand new rear seat cowel at around £60 from Suzuki. I guess I could get all the items in for around £250 plus the cost of painting. Thanks for the info. This forum is great Newbie Question 881924
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

Newbie Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie Question   Newbie Question Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 10:12 am

£250 aahhhaa what where we thinking not a bad price you've found used bits never seen a bike like yours with that rear end on it interesting wonder if anyone can do a mock up with photo shop for you/everyone to have an idea what it would look like I for one would love to see it
Back to top Go down
Keith81
Keith81

Newbie Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie Question   Newbie Question Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 8:30 pm

I have all the parts ordered now from a mega helpful fella on flea-bay. The rear fender is the same colour too so I have hopefully saved a bit of money there. The only bit I haven't sourced is the plastic cover that replaces the pillion seat but they seem to be a lot of brand-new ones for sale in black, hopefully if I ask around I will get one in the correct colour. So far it has cost £255, free postage, and I will hopefully get away without having anything painted so that will be a saving.Newbie Question 184121345

All I need now is the bike to fit them to........ha ha
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

Newbie Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie Question   Newbie Question Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 8:37 pm

good for you mate well done Newbie Question 3498837457
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Newbie Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie Question   Newbie Question Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 8:42 pm

Bloody hell! you move fast  Newbie Question 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Keith81
Keith81

Newbie Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie Question   Newbie Question Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 8:46 pm

Thanks Fat Intruder, Im looking forward to getting the job started when the bike arrives. I might try and do a write up as I go as there are some impressive write ups on here. My technical skills are limited as Me and computers don't get on, Im better with a spanner.....and better still with a hammer ha ha
Back to top Go down
Keith81
Keith81

Newbie Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie Question   Newbie Question Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 8:49 pm

Yes Simbo I found a guy with all the parts required so I thought I would order them all in one go. They are all coming from a bike breakers that has a 2012 model with light damage to the front end and the guy has been mega helpful. Newbie Question 3005623951
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Newbie Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie Question   Newbie Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbie Question
Page 1 of 1