Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

indicator warning

Go down 
+6
peardrop3
bigmal
simbo
OldManYam
Mr Intruder
ardie
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ardie
Valued Member
ardie

indicator warning Empty
PostSubject: indicator warning   indicator warning Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 8:48 pm

hi got 2008 vl800 keep forgetting turn off indicators as i cant see them so i want to mount two small lights on bars any one know whats the best way forward thanks
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

indicator warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: indicator warning   indicator warning Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 9:06 pm

I have a buzzer fitted. ( LINK )
Others have done the light. ( LINK )
Back to top Go down
ardie
Valued Member
ardie

indicator warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: indicator warning   indicator warning Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 9:28 pm

thank you will look into the lights mod cant believe how good this site and people are will let u know how i get on in due course
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

indicator warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: indicator warning   indicator warning Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 10:02 pm

I've used buzzers in the past, as have some of my riding buddies. These also serve as useful audible warnings to pedestrians when you are in city centres - but can be a nuisance when you arrive home late at night, so possibly thinking of switched buzzers may help.
Dash type Indicator light repeater will also help - but you may not always see them in strong sunlight - not that there's much of that about at the moment.
indicator warning 3005623951   Yam
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

indicator warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: indicator warning   indicator warning Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 10:16 pm

Martin (Smart) has some progressive audible (get louder the longer they're on) LED light/buzzers on his bike, He did say where he'd got them from but I can't remember for the life of me where? if he's not on in the next few days? I'll give him a bell and ask him.
Back to top Go down
ardie
Valued Member
ardie

indicator warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: indicator warning   indicator warning Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 1:37 pm

thanks guys from riding position i cant see indicators bars cover them.can see back of them great so was thinkin to look at housing to see if feasable to cut bit off and put a clear plastic gromet type thing on . would enough light light shine back ,or even drill a hole and mount a light in there facing back to me.might be over thinking this would like to keep the lines of the bike clean .will have to do something not smart riding with them on .only gives didnt see you brigade another get out when they pull out on us.
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

indicator warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: indicator warning   indicator warning Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 2:41 pm

Hi Ardie,

I like your idea about trying to get a 'repeater' signal to the rear of your indicator units. However a hole/clear grommet will not work  because when looked at from the front there is a silver/chrome reflector plate behind the indicator bulb - so the rear of the indicator is not really illuminated.
With a bit of ingenuity though, it may be possible to fit a form of repeater.
A fibre optic type system should work and similar ideas are used on cars fitted with repeater indicators in the wing mirrors - they often incorporate a small part of the repeater lens on the inner rim of the mirror shell, so that the driver actually sees it when they check the side mirrors.
Failing that a suitable LED could possibly be wired in.
At there end of the day, we can all forget to cancel indicators - so I often pay more attention on this when I'm riding bikes, & often 'double-check' they are off when I'm on a straight where my 'rider workload' is less that at junctions etc. I.e. make it part of your riding routine to make extra checks that indicators are off.
The audible buzzers do seem to be the most 'fool-proof' option if you do feel you have a worrying problem in forgetting to switch them off. After riding with them for awhile you will probably get into the habit of switching them off.
I've used them in the past - but none of my current bikes have them fitted.

Cheers
indicator warning 3005623951  Yam
Back to top Go down
ardie
Valued Member
ardie

indicator warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: indicator warning   indicator warning Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 3:49 pm

cheers for the feed back first cruiser ive owned so never had problem as always seen indicators will look to see if bars will pull down n back a bit.or may be risers if i can see orange then no problem.as you said maybe after awhile i will adjust to it.at moment constantly pushing the cancell button,again thank you
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

indicator warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: indicator warning   indicator warning Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 10:11 pm

Someone on here got Amber LED tape and wrapped in somewhere visible.... Maybe an idea...
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

indicator warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: indicator warning   indicator warning Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 1:39 pm

I used 2 small led tell tale lights wired in sequence with each indicator & made some small brackets to mount them to the bolts on my screen & they work a treat & cost very little.
Back to top Go down
ardie
Valued Member
ardie

indicator warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: indicator warning   indicator warning Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 1:54 pm

thank you for response plenty to mull over will see what way to go in coming wks when i get chance .def want to keep it simple many thanks for ur time
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

indicator warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: indicator warning   indicator warning Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 2:50 pm

Seem to remember that there has been a series of comments before on the forum so try searching in the electrical section Ardie ok?
Back to top Go down
stingray
Very Valued VIP Member
stingray

indicator warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: indicator warning   indicator warning Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 2:58 pm

Try these. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281404384544?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

indicator warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: indicator warning   indicator warning Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 7:54 am

Flippin ell those buzzers are cheap, reckon I will get some. Good link   indicator warning 433968
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

indicator warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: indicator warning   indicator warning Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 9:48 am

Crash I have a suitable buzzer you can have in my workshop. indicator warning 3498837457
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

indicator warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: indicator warning   indicator warning Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 3:04 pm

Cheers Dave, see you in the week  indicator warning 184121345
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

indicator warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: indicator warning   indicator warning Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 9:25 pm

Hi Ardie - don't know if you got this sorted yet, but I'd been having exactly the same problem - years of riding bikes with the speedo on the bars.  Fitted a buzzer - fine up to about 25 mph (less now with the chopped pipes) then couldn't hear a thing - especially with earplugs in.

Had to pop into Halfords today & came across this in the sale bucket at £3.00 a piece

indicator warning <a href=indicator warning DSC08687_zpsajbd11jy" />

Insanely bright for the size 

It's small enough to be located on the left hand side switch wiring - I'll heat shrink the wires together first.  I'll then splice it into the indicator wiring behind the headlight.  I bought two, but reckon I'll only use one as I only need a reminder that they're on, not which side.

indicator warning <a href=indicator warning DSC08690_zpsftvjtyfc" />

When I got to the till, the price had dropped to a quid each - even if it don't work, it ain't cost that much
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

indicator warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: indicator warning   indicator warning Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 9:35 pm

Nice one Dave, always good to see these cheap safety mods being done again. indicator warning 3498837457   It reminds or possibly puts the idea into a guys head for the first time, either way, good mod. indicator warning 2170595768
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

indicator warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: indicator warning   indicator warning Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 9:58 pm

Good addition Dave  indicator warning 3498837457  I can feel a trip to Halfords coming on.
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

indicator warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: indicator warning   indicator warning Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 4:43 pm

Nice one Dave!
Back to top Go down
smart
Valued Member
smart

indicator warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: indicator warning   indicator warning Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 10:04 pm

Hi guys & gals as Sim said this is the one i fitted a while ago works well it has adjustable delay so you can set when it starts I.E after so many flashers before it activates, & this is where i got it from http://www.pcb-assembly.me.uk/motorbike.php indicator warning 184121345
Back to top Go down
ardie
Valued Member
ardie

indicator warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: indicator warning   indicator warning Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 2:45 pm

hi dave seen your post last wk will go to halfords tomorrow at that price nothin to lose great spot.in the process of moving bars forward a bit to help keep back straighter thus help with lower back pain from seat.this might if i get it right might just clear view  to indicators thank you for the info much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

indicator warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: indicator warning   indicator warning Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 8:03 pm

I bought a pair of the same lights for £9.99 in Maplins today, not as cheap as your maybe but a life saver cheers  indicator warning 184121345
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

indicator warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: indicator warning   indicator warning Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 6:47 am

ardie wrote:
hi dave seen your post last wk will go to halfords tomorrow at that price nothin to lose great spot.in the process of moving bars forward a bit to help keep back straighter thus help with lower back pain from seat.this might if i get it right might just clear view  to indicators thank you for the info much appreciated.
Hi Ardie 

I found that the "relaxed" (read "slouched") riding position gave me lower back pain also - when I'd fitted these Flat Drag Bars, it disappeared completely
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

indicator warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: indicator warning   indicator warning Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

indicator warning
Page 1 of 1