Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MOT Fail. Dead Relay? No Power

Go down 
+3
OldManYam
simbo
shadycowboy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
shadycowboy
shadycowboy

MOT Fail. Dead Relay? No Power Empty
PostSubject: MOT Fail. Dead Relay? No Power   MOT Fail. Dead Relay? No Power Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 7:03 pm

So picked the bike up today from the garage. New tyres on. Sticks like glue. But thats another story. 

Went to the MOT centre. Off bike, turned off. Usual look over by mechanic.

Back on Bike. Turned on, everything lights up, hit starter button. DEAD. Turned off. Turned on nothing, no power at all.

FAILED

Bike pushed up hill and back into Suzuki. I'd rather it was here at home to fix it but no choice at the time.

I just fitted new indicators and a new led relay would that have been the problem?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: MOT Fail. Dead Relay? No Power   MOT Fail. Dead Relay? No Power Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 7:22 pm

Main Fuse?
Back to top Go down
shadycowboy
shadycowboy

PostSubject: Re: MOT Fail. Dead Relay? No Power   MOT Fail. Dead Relay? No Power Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 7:30 pm

I don't even have the bike to check. :( Just looking reassurance from the members its not something major.
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

PostSubject: Re: MOT Fail. Dead Relay? No Power   MOT Fail. Dead Relay? No Power Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 7:33 pm

Have all the electrics shut down, or just the engine/starter circuits ?
Back to top Go down
shadycowboy
shadycowboy

PostSubject: Re: MOT Fail. Dead Relay? No Power   MOT Fail. Dead Relay? No Power Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 7:37 pm

All of them. Every last thing. Started fine at the garage. went about 90 seconds around the corner and. Dead.
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: MOT Fail. Dead Relay? No Power   MOT Fail. Dead Relay? No Power Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 8:02 pm

Battery died? I had that, and it was very sudden...
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: MOT Fail. Dead Relay? No Power   MOT Fail. Dead Relay? No Power Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 10:27 pm

Main fuse, as Sim says.
Back to top Go down
shadycowboy
shadycowboy

PostSubject: Re: MOT Fail. Dead Relay? No Power   MOT Fail. Dead Relay? No Power Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 11:24 pm

Fingers crossed. I have a suspicion its the new relay though
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: MOT Fail. Dead Relay? No Power   MOT Fail. Dead Relay? No Power Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 7:08 am

I'd go with Dave & Sim's diagnosis - main fuse
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

PostSubject: Re: MOT Fail. Dead Relay? No Power   MOT Fail. Dead Relay? No Power Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 10:48 am

Symptoms suggest main fuse has gone - but that does not identify the 'problem' ... is you have doubts about the relay, then that could be the clue - you need to check anything you have recently changed to see if there is either a faulty component causing a short, or some poor wiring.
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: MOT Fail. Dead Relay? No Power   MOT Fail. Dead Relay? No Power Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 12:19 pm

I had a very similar thing happen when I was re-wiring my rear.  You'll find that it's popped the main fuse.  If you've just changed the indicators, I'd hazard a guess that somewhere you have a wire touching either part of the frame or shorting across to another wire.  I'd start by buying a handful of mini-spade main fuses (30amp?), then try it & see if it works - chances are, it's blown the relay.  I wouldn't put the old relay back on till you've disconnected the cables from the new indicators.  I'd check the routing of the cables to see if they're touching anywhere.  If I couldn't see anything obvious, I'd then re-connect the indicators, one at a time & see if any of them blow the fuse again.  But I'd certainly initially go with the indicator theory
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MOT Fail. Dead Relay? No Power   MOT Fail. Dead Relay? No Power Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MOT Fail. Dead Relay? No Power
Page 1 of 1