Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yer a bunch of heathens.

Go down 
+4
simbo
yorky
ardie
Old Luner
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Old Luner
Valued Member
Old Luner

Yer a bunch of heathens. Empty
PostSubject: Yer a bunch of heathens.   Yer a bunch of heathens. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 3:01 pm

But I kinda like you because you've corrupted me and saved me about 500 shlippers in the process.

Was never one for drilling holes in things but after listening to a few aftermarket exhaust sound vids I thought many of them sounded a bit harsh and over the top, so I applied a 16mm drill bit four times to each back plate and fired her up, I think I'm still grinning like a muppet.

Thats exactly the deep fat sounding wub wub wub I was wanting, there should be a law against making bikes sound like poncified perfume burners when they can be made to sound sooooo good and still not be overloud.

And as for these beuroPRATic eurotwats who come up with this minimal noise level nonsense, well I hope their balls go square and fester in the corners, and that they forever fart and sneeze simultaneously, especially after spicy food.

Cheers guys, this section saved me dosh and I'm chuffed with the way she sounds  Yer a bunch of heathens. 3498837457
Back to top Go down
ardie
Valued Member
ardie

PostSubject: Re: Yer a bunch of heathens.   Yer a bunch of heathens. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 4:21 pm

nice one luner loud is good
Back to top Go down
yorky
VIP Member
yorky

PostSubject: Re: Yer a bunch of heathens.   Yer a bunch of heathens. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 4:48 pm

Another happy customer Yer a bunch of heathens. 3498837457
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Yer a bunch of heathens.   Yer a bunch of heathens. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 5:07 pm

Loud n Proud  Yer a bunch of heathens. 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Lowey
Valued Member
Lowey

PostSubject: Re: Yer a bunch of heathens.   Yer a bunch of heathens. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 5:45 pm

Well there's a result.
Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member
hawktheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Yer a bunch of heathens.   Yer a bunch of heathens. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 6:08 pm

Glad you like it! now take a 1 metre 20mm drill bit and drill through the centre of the exhausts, there are 2 plates to punch through and it will deepen the tone nicely! if you don't have a drill bit big enough you  can always do the rebar wack! if your brave enough
Back to top Go down
Old Luner
Valued Member
Old Luner

PostSubject: Re: Yer a bunch of heathens.   Yer a bunch of heathens. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 7:13 pm

hawktheslayer wrote:
Glad you like it! now take a 1 metre 20mm drill bit and drill through the centre of the exhausts, there are 2 plates to punch through and it will deepen the tone nicely! if you don't have a drill bit big enough you  can always do the rebar wack! if your brave enough

Been hunting about the web for a long 20mm drill bit today but the only ones I've found are those sds masonry bits.

Anyone got a heads up on where to snaffle one from ?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Yer a bunch of heathens.   Yer a bunch of heathens. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 7:58 pm

I went through my plates with a 20mm sds masonry bit (only because I already had one) got the mrs to sit on the bike while it battered it's way through  babababab didn't take long, it'd be just as easy to sharpen a metal bar up and leather it through with a lump hammer  Yer a bunch of heathens. 643587
Back to top Go down
hmac
hmac

PostSubject: Re: Yer a bunch of heathens.   Yer a bunch of heathens. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 9:09 pm

I used a 400mm long masonry drill bit from Tool Station to knock out the centre baffles, cost around a fiver. I also drilled three 15mm holes in the back plates, now my VZ800 sounds great.
Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member
hawktheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Yer a bunch of heathens.   Yer a bunch of heathens. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 9:57 pm

Yer a bunch of heathens. 428386 SDS will easily smash its back doors in Yer a bunch of heathens. 586905
Back to top Go down
Old Luner
Valued Member
Old Luner

PostSubject: Re: Yer a bunch of heathens.   Yer a bunch of heathens. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 12:25 am

I'll grab somat while I'm out tomorrow then, got to head up Westgate RD anyhow.

Surprised at how much easier she seems to breathing at the top end, bloody baffles must have been strangling the pants off it.

How much further in is the second plate btw ?
Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member
hawktheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Yer a bunch of heathens.   Yer a bunch of heathens. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 9:33 am

If I remember the baffles are about 7" in then 12", definitely no more than 15
Back to top Go down
Old Luner
Valued Member
Old Luner

PostSubject: Re: Yer a bunch of heathens.   Yer a bunch of heathens. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 11:18 am

Job done      sssmily

Grabbed an sds bit this morning and let it chug its way through, made a nice neat round hole too, you cant beat a nice neat round  Yer a bunch of heathens. 122716118

As for the sound...      oyili
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Yer a bunch of heathens.   Yer a bunch of heathens. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 9:30 pm

Remember - loud pipes save lives !!!!! (Officer)
Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member
hawktheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Yer a bunch of heathens.   Yer a bunch of heathens. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 10:16 pm

Yer a bunch of heathens. 428386 Dave, my last kwaki was dead quiet changed the pipes to scorpion and EVERYONE knew I was there even the idiots!!
Back to top Go down
Old Luner
Valued Member
Old Luner

PostSubject: Re: Yer a bunch of heathens.   Yer a bunch of heathens. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 2:26 am

It's a true point though, loud pipes do save lives, thanks to rules and regulations thought up by muppets who couldn't sit straight in an armchair a lot of people now ride round on high velocity stealth missiles.

Before I did the exhaust mod I had some damn fool waltz out in front of me down the town, after braking, hitting the horn and telling him to open his effin eyes he told me it was my fault for having such a quiet bike, yes he was a dick but it kind of proves a point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yer a bunch of heathens.   Yer a bunch of heathens. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yer a bunch of heathens.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum :: The Garage :: Exhaust-
Jump to:  
Slide Show
A random selection of suzuki800.com member bikes.
Latest topics
» SUZUKI VL800 2008 fuel injection
Yer a bunch of heathens. Icon_minitimeby Steve17hmr Thu Jul 25, 2024 3:00 pm

» M800 lug removal problems
Yer a bunch of heathens. Icon_minitimeby gary,, Fri Jul 12, 2024 2:30 pm

» Front Forks Sidelined My Holiday
Yer a bunch of heathens. Icon_minitimeby gary,, Fri Jul 12, 2024 1:48 pm

» Hello
Yer a bunch of heathens. Icon_minitimeby Badger Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:59 am

» VZ800 Rear Tire to VS800 1997-
Yer a bunch of heathens. Icon_minitimeby wcrawford151 Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:40 pm

» Hello!
Yer a bunch of heathens. Icon_minitimeby Badger Thu Jun 20, 2024 5:29 pm

» Choke plunger
Yer a bunch of heathens. Icon_minitimeby jnsn54398 Tue Jun 18, 2024 5:32 am

» Howdy
Yer a bunch of heathens. Icon_minitimeby Philly_pa800 Fri May 24, 2024 8:16 pm

» VZ 800 K7
Yer a bunch of heathens. Icon_minitimeby Barwise92 Tue May 21, 2024 2:53 pm

» Hello
Yer a bunch of heathens. Icon_minitimeby Barwise92 Tue May 21, 2024 2:50 pm

» Hello, new to the site.
Yer a bunch of heathens. Icon_minitimeby Cyriel1980 Mon May 20, 2024 2:16 pm

» Hello All,
Yer a bunch of heathens. Icon_minitimeby Badger Thu May 16, 2024 10:56 pm

» G’day
Yer a bunch of heathens. Icon_minitimeby Badger Thu May 16, 2024 2:37 pm

» Hi all
Yer a bunch of heathens. Icon_minitimeby Badger Thu May 16, 2024 2:33 pm

» just saying hello to this site
Yer a bunch of heathens. Icon_minitimeby sgtruth60@gmail.com Tue May 07, 2024 8:04 pm

Yer a bunch of heathens. Icon_minitimeby M800chimp Tue May 07, 2024 11:28 am

» 12inch apes
Yer a bunch of heathens. Icon_minitimeby Mbroom21 Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:54 pm

» Aye what's happenin'?
Yer a bunch of heathens. Icon_minitimeby 717RedRumBob Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:50 am

» Handle bars rotation for comfort
Yer a bunch of heathens. Icon_minitimeby Badger Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:20 pm

» Hello!
Yer a bunch of heathens. Icon_minitimeby GregWidger Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:16 pm

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password