Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Coming Home Again....

Go down 
+9
katsd
alfie92
bigmal
peardrop3
hawktheslayer
simbo
ardie
Old Luner
ToeKnee
13 posters
AuthorMessage
ToeKnee
ToeKnee

Coming Home Again.... Empty
PostSubject: Coming Home Again....   Coming Home Again.... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 8:06 am

Hi all. I had registered before in this forum but somehow I couldnt post hence a re register :)
My story which I guess some will relate to and some will think I am mad, I will have to agree I guess...
In 2002 I bought a brand new VL800 Blue on black, I spent the next 4 years pouring love into this bike and a fair bit of cash adding bits including the personal plate. Then in 2006 I made a mistake, life is full of them and I have made more than most! I decided to sell the bike due to bad knees.....
I moved around trying different bikes but always missed the Volusia. Then a few years ago I had a knee replacement job done and found I could more or less handle a heavy bike again and searched for a decent Volusia. Last year I bought a lovely white on silver 2003 beauty with only 2,000 miles of road work and mostly stored for a lot of its life.
I thought that was that and I was at last happy. I bought some nice engine bars, radiator cover etc etc and got her looking great. my next job after adding luggage was to replace the screen which has the odd minor crack, I had stop drilled it so it would be good for many years but I was going to swap it for a new one this winter when it was off the road.
Then last week as I was browsing eBay I saw it... My first love V800VOL just sitting there looking as pretty as the day I sold her. She was traded in by the guy who bought her from me and I decided to buy her back, so a week later she arrived and it was great to see her back in the garage 9 years after she left! 
In those 9 years she has done less than a 1000 miles! Looks very good with a bit of rust on the chrome bits I added, which I can sort out and the only poor side of her is the handlebar switch boxes that have got marked due I guess to poor lacquer over the alloy finish, guess its strip and clean time for those.
Anyway here is a selection of pics I took of her sitting next to the white one, which sadly will have to go.
I am glad to have her home and she is not going anywhere again unless I am riding her :)

Coming Home Again.... IMG_1908_zpso0e5d8fb

Coming Home Again.... IMG_1901_zpsqrlwsoy8

Coming Home Again.... IMG_1892_zpsxweq2sn3
Coming Home Again.... IMG_1890_zpsoqlgotco

Coming Home Again.... IMG_1896_zpsaj3gfdhx

Coming Home Again.... IMG_1904_zpsyiovepmtComing Home Again.... IMG_1890_zpsoqlgotco

Coming Home Again.... IMG_1894_zpsx6b2strt
Back to top Go down
Old Luner
Valued Member
Old Luner

PostSubject: Re: Coming Home Again....   Coming Home Again.... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 9:22 am

Welcome back, proper little love story that, almost brought a tear to my eye.

Congratz on getting her back, with only a thou more miles too.
Back to top Go down
ardie
Valued Member
ardie

PostSubject: Re: Coming Home Again....   Coming Home Again.... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 2:07 pm

nice to have her back and good luck
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Coming Home Again....   Coming Home Again.... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 4:46 pm

Coming Home Again.... 1530558013  That's a cool tale! glad you got reunited  Coming Home Again.... 3498837457
Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member
hawktheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Coming Home Again....   Coming Home Again.... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 6:05 pm

Nice one! story and bike, welcome back
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Coming Home Again....   Coming Home Again.... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 6:11 pm

welcm  Back matey!
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: Coming Home Again....   Coming Home Again.... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 8:37 pm

Great story.... What's the chance of that! Welcome back Coming Home Again.... 1530558013
Back to top Go down
ToeKnee
ToeKnee

PostSubject: Re: Coming Home Again....   Coming Home Again.... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 8:42 pm

Thanks guys for the warm welcome  Coming Home Again.... 3498837457
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: Coming Home Again....   Coming Home Again.... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 10:34 pm

Coming Home Again.... 1530558013 Back
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Coming Home Again....   Coming Home Again.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 9:54 am

Fantastic - not very often that sort of thing happens - like being reunited with the ex-girlfriend  you should have never split up from (which actually happened to me).  Lovely looking pair - welcome back on board.

Re the switch-gear - mine went the same way, meant to do something with them for ages & when I fitted the flat-drag bars, I stripped them down & had them re-sprayed.  Bit of a fiddly job, but worth the results.

Coming Home Again.... <a href=Coming Home Again.... DSC08082_zps593ffec7" />

I could have had the writing put back on, but decided I liked the "stealth" look better.  I had mine done in black, but just as easy to do them in silver.  If you're not getting rid of your other VL, it'd be worth borrowing the switch-gear off that one, or else it's a winter project.
Back to top Go down
Skidalot
Very Valued VIP Member
Skidalot

PostSubject: Re: Coming Home Again....   Coming Home Again.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 10:18 am

Coming Home Again.... 1530558013 back ToeKnee, real Mills & Boon stuff going on there!  Coming Home Again.... 852880
Back to top Go down
ToeKnee
ToeKnee

PostSubject: Re: Coming Home Again....   Coming Home Again.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 11:26 am

yes I must be getting soft in my old age :) Ok thanks for the pic of your switch gear, I was thinking of a swap from the white on silver bike but they are different as that one has the always on headlight so the switch is different, think I will strip it (is that an easy job) and get all the lacquer off then polish it up.
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Coming Home Again....   Coming Home Again.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 12:23 pm

Yeh - I bought a second-hand pair to use, then found out that the right-hand side wouldn't work !!  It's a fairly easy job, but make sure you take loads of pics as you go along - it's amazing how quick you forget which bit goes where a week after the fact.  Just take it steady, on a clean surface.
Back to top Go down
ToeKnee
ToeKnee

PostSubject: Re: Coming Home Again....   Coming Home Again.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 1:19 pm

taking them off the bike is a concern like do I have to mess with the throttle??
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Coming Home Again....   Coming Home Again.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 1:28 pm

The throttle cables ha e a barrel nipple which just comes off. May need a bit of a wiggle. The housing has a locating pin so it goes back in the right place
Back to top Go down
ToeKnee
ToeKnee

PostSubject: Re: Coming Home Again....   Coming Home Again.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 1:56 pm

sounds like a job I can screw up but worth a go  Coming Home Again.... 852880
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Coming Home Again....   Coming Home Again.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 7:26 pm

Great to see you again, lovely bikes. Coming Home Again.... 1530558013
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: Coming Home Again....   Coming Home Again.... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 6:57 am

Twins ! ....... congratulations Toeknee & wwweee back Coming Home Again.... 3498837457
Back to top Go down
smart
Valued Member
smart

PostSubject: Re: Coming Home Again....   Coming Home Again.... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 10:51 pm

wwweee back Toeknee nice that your reunited with your first love  Coming Home Again.... 3298
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coming Home Again....   Coming Home Again.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coming Home Again....
Page 1 of 1