Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800

Go down 
+6
peardrop3
katsd
hawktheslayer
simbo
Ken1964
lepidge
10 posters
AuthorMessage
lepidge
lepidge

Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 Empty
PostSubject: Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800   Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 7:22 pm

I am seriously considering buying an Ultimate Midrider seat from the USA. The main reason I am considering this seat is because I suffer from coccydynia (tail bone) pain. At present I have a stock seat and a Airhawk cushion.

I have researched loads of potential seats and consider this to be the best option. I am just wondering if anyone may have any suggestions re type of other optional seats I amy not have considered and any sort of good pain relief I could take. I presently take Gabapenton. 

I am also wondering if any one knows how import tax works and how to calculate any charges or could a shipment like this be be tax exempt or not. 

The cost of the seat is very expensive at around £500!! yipes, but I need some relief as I do a lot of touring and have already planned 2 weeks around Germany next year and will not be beaten re tail bone pain!!

Any/all suggestions gratefully received

http://ultimateseats.ca/suzuki-motorcycle-accessories/boulevard-c50-volusia-seats/3R-1240
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800   Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 7:53 pm

A very nice looking seat.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800   Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 7:54 pm

Hi lepidge, I've no experience with the Ultimate seats but another option which is supposed to be very good is the Mustang seat, as for import duty? you'll usually pay it on anything over about £35 imported from outside the EU but it's in the lap of the gods on the amount?

https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/overview
Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member
hawktheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800   Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 8:27 am

Had a look and they are NOT leather! a load of blurb regarding the marine vinyl they use, all bollox. You would pay a lot less finding a seat restorer/modifier. Have it shaped and padded with surgical gel and then covered in the leather of your choice.
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800   Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 9:57 am

I agree with Justin on this one - find a good seat recoverer who can pad it out for your specific needs, there's plenty around.  The import taxes are a mystery - I've imported a lot of stuff from The States over the years & there seems to be no set formula - if you're not careful, what seems like a bargain in the first place can end up saving you nothing - plus you have all the associated hassle if it's wrong
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800   Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 5:16 pm

Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 428386 Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 2215087486  with the cockney cross dresser, could be worth having your seat re manufactured with a cut out where the coccyx rests so your sat on thee butt cheeks without causing pain to the tail bone.
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800   Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 7:42 pm

Google Tony Archer seats in Huddersfield, they'll help you for a quarter of the price!
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800   Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 9:36 pm

http://www.tonyarcher.co.uk/index.html  Here you go had work done by him highly recommended.

Address
Unit 7d
Bradley Mills
Bradley Mills Road
Huddersfield
HD1 6PQ

Telephone
(01484) 536 832
Back to top Go down
lepidge
lepidge

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800   Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 10:08 pm

Wow, thanks for all the advise from everyone There is a lot to think about, will let you know how it works out!
Back to top Go down
lepidge
lepidge

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800   Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 8:30 pm

Eventually decided to opt for the Ultimate Seats as apposed to some good suggestions to modify a seat within the UK.

I am very happy with the seats and in my opinion look great. I am thinking about getting the stitching sealed with bees wax to allow me to have the seats waterproofed (shouldn`t need to bearing in mind the cost! although they did come with waterproof covers).

I paid the extra as suffering from coccydynia and so far so good with pain now at a minimum. Will report back after more miles in the saddle, happy days!

Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 2015-120
Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 2015-118
Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 2015-119
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800   Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 8:45 pm

Damn that looks comfy  oyili
Back to top Go down
lepidge
lepidge

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800   Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 9:23 pm

Really comfy! as the makers say `you sit in the seat not on it`
Back to top Go down
johnboss
Very Valued VIP Member
johnboss

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800   Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 10:04 pm

Pillion Missus has just seen your pic and likes it a lot- so the burning question-  how much?
Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member
hawktheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800   Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 10:23 pm

Are they heated? its the only improvement I can think of Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 2170595768
Back to top Go down
lepidge
lepidge

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800   Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 8:01 am

John the seats costs an eye watering just under £600 incl their shipping charges, Can`t remember but there was also a customs & import duty to pay (bar-stewards!!).

I have over the years had had different bikes and tried different remedies for my butt pain and was at the point of possibly giving up riding, hence I was willing to take a chance & expense to give it a go!

I have to say although I still have some pain, the seat is the most comfortable one I have ever had. The added bonus is the rider backrest which is heaven as I can push back on it and raise my butt to give me instant pain release while riding. I am off to Europe again this year and would not even contemplate such a journey without the seat. So its `horses for courses` as to is it worth the cost. It is for me!

My missus also loves the seat as it is really comfy and in particular is wider than most stock seats on the market. I don`t think you can purchase the pillion sear without the rider seat tho.

Justin, no the seats are not heated but as I said to John the seats are in my opinion and for my needs well worth the `over inflated` price!

If any one else has any other queries I am more than happy to reply as I know this may be a bone of contention to some people re costs. `You pay your money you take your chances`
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800   Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 8:45 am

lepidge wrote:

I have to say although I still have some pain, the seat is the most comfortable one I have ever had. The added bonus is the rider backrest which is heaven as I can push back on it and raise my butt to give me instant pain release while riding I know this may be a bone of contention to some people re costs. `You pay your money you take your chances`

If it keeps you riding, it's a small price to pay  Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 3498837457  bike looks good too!
Back to top Go down
Lowey
Valued Member
Lowey

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800   Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 10:35 am

The seats look great love the colour of your bike, hope the seats do what you hope they would do for the pain you suffer.
Back to top Go down
johnboss
Very Valued VIP Member
johnboss

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800   Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 12:38 pm

lepidge wrote:
John the seats costs an eye watering just under £600
Indeed an eye watering price.  I don't suffer to much with an uncomfortable riding position, least not yet with the relatively short distances / time in the saddle experiences to date.  Maybe this years planned trips will tell differently.  I'll have to wait and see.  Maybe Pillion Missus will buy / us one for Christmas.  Comfy or otherwise its certainly looks well. 
It's  pity Suzuki don't make such seats as stock - volume would keep the price down!  Shame you've had to fork out so much to get the comfort you need.  At least you can get your monies worth by getting plenty of riding in.
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800   Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 12:42 pm

When we had the Pan European I bought a pair of seats from 'DayLong' in the USA which needed me to send them a pair of seats, or the bases, & they then put there seat onto the base. Now this was not cheap either as I bought a pair of old seats & sent them as we needed the bike mobile & by the time they came back it had cost me nearly £700- but with them being rebuilt they did not cost me any import duty etc...
Very comfortable seats mind considering I have sciatica & find sitting for a long time impossible as they enabled us to do a full tank of fuel before we/I had to get off & walk around to get the feeling back.
The Tony Archer seats were considerably cheaper, £150-, & work a treat also & the back seat is now almost twice the original width & half as deep again as Rosie likes a bit of comfort.
Hope these seats do it for you as I can understand the pain point very well!
Back to top Go down
lepidge
lepidge

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800   Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 7:20 am

Thanks for all the reply's. 

Apart from the mad price both my wife and I are very happy with the seats. At least it gives us the best opportunity to continue riding, hence I would not even of considering buying and importing such expensive seats.

I really considered the Tony Archer seats but thought after loads of investigation and trawling many forums I went for the Ultimate Seats. Looking forwards to all my trips now!
Back to top Go down
ardie
Valued Member
ardie

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800   Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 1:04 pm

peardrop3 wrote:
When we had the Pan European I bought a pair of seats from 'DayLong' in the USA which needed me to send them a pair of seats, or the bases, & they then put there seat onto the base. Now this was not cheap either as I bought a pair of old seats & sent them as we needed the bike mobile & by the time they came back it had cost me nearly £700- but with them being rebuilt they did not cost me any import duty etc...
Very comfortable seats mind considering I have sciatica & find sitting for a long time impossible as they enabled us to do a full tank of fuel before we/I had to get off & walk around to get the feeling back.
The Tony Archer seats were considerably cheaper, £150-, & work a treat also & the back seat is now almost twice the original width & half as deep again as Rosie likes a bit of comfort.
peter have you got a pic anywhere of the pillion seat from tony archer for the vl  as my wife not impressed with stock one over longer distances mite be the way forward for me  thanks in advance if you can
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800   Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 1:31 pm

ardie wrote:
peardrop3 wrote:
peter have you got a pic anywhere of the pillion seat from tony archer for the vl  as my wife not impressed with stock one over longer distances mite be the way forward for me  thanks in advance if you can
Here ya go 
Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 Peardrops%20seat_zpsgyeovdha
Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 Peardropseat_zpsemvd6yug
Back to top Go down
ardie
Valued Member
ardie

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800   Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 2:08 pm

thank you sim now that's a pillion seat something for me to ponder thanks again
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800   Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 4:38 pm

Ardie, as I said above it's about twice the width & about 1/2 as deep again than normal as the original was cutting Rosie in half nearly but she's covered several thousand miles & never made an adverse comment about it since it was done, in fact I think we added about 2" each side to make it better.
If you explain to Tony exactly what you want & remind him he's done them before he will supply a seat in about 3 days from receipt approximately, oh & mine has a gel pad & woven anti slip topping on it as has my seat, cost will be less that for a pair obviously so I estimate you'd pay about £60- + post.
My seat is just about stock size but had a gel pad added & the foam made to fit flush with he top so adding about 1/2" to 3/4" in depth & also has anti slip weave covering the seat area.
Back to top Go down
ardie
Valued Member
ardie

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800   Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 8:37 pm

thank you peter that has  me thinking I am happy with riders seat as I have the back rest and it does make a difference for me but the pillion seat will be getting something done to it
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800   Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 3:58 pm

Ardie just a word of warning, with the increase in width/height you may find pillion missus/girlfriend will mean she can see over your head at what speed you're doing Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 249703 affraid Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 249703  & also see that gap your going to squeeze through so be warned!
I nick named Rosie 'head n shoulders' now as she's head n shoulders higher than me Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 3213823784 hyst Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 2343124779
Mind you it can come in handy as she can spot tea bars & possible 4 wheel projectiles that I've not seen!
Back to top Go down
ardie
Valued Member
ardie

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800   Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 8:42 pm

lol peter thanks for heads up she who must be obeyed is impressed on all accounts
Back to top Go down
ardie
Valued Member
ardie

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800   Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 2:13 pm

hello lepidge first of all your bike is stunning love that colour. I VE BEEN LOOKING FOR A TANK BIB for a while now never seen one I liked that much until I seen yours can you give me a link as to where you got it.As for your seat its looks superb thank you in advance if you can
Back to top Go down
lepidge
lepidge

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800   Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 7:38 pm

Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 Hepco_12
Hi Ardie

Thanks for your comments. I got the tank cover direct from a company in Germany called Hepco & Becker. I also got my sissy bar, detachable lockable panniers brackets & engine guards. All top notch! There is a youtube video that shows nearly all the gear I got from them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQEp3kb62hQ
Back to top Go down
lepidge
lepidge

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800   Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 7:41 pm

Here are some other links appear not to have been included that might help!

https://www.hepco-shop.de/meinbike/suzuki/c-800-intruder/tankcover-buffalo.html

http://www.hepco-becker.bike/index.php/de/my-bike
Back to top Go down
ardie
Valued Member
ardie

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800   Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 8:08 pm

thank you lepidge that's very helpful I like the broader ones that go out round the petrol cap came across this today   http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191486299877?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT  so will prob go with this as money dos nt talk it roars in this house thank you again, that stuff does look  great quality
Back to top Go down
lepidge
lepidge

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800   Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 8:27 pm

No Probs Ardie, The one I have does cover over the petrol cap but the one you quote on ebay looks the part too. Hope it looks great on your bike!
Back to top Go down
ardie
Valued Member
ardie

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800   Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 9:00 pm

ordered now so will get some pics sorted when its on cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800   Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Midrider Rider & Passenger seat for VL800
Page 1 of 1