Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

film or paint on a windscreen ???

Go down 
+3
TaurusTuga
simbo
Stein
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Stein

film or paint on a windscreen ??? Empty
PostSubject: film or paint on a windscreen ???   film or paint on a windscreen ??? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 11:10 am

Hi.

I have a original Suzuki windscreen , but it is transparent , can i put sun/window film on it ?
Or do i have to paint it ??

Stein
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: film or paint on a windscreen ???   film or paint on a windscreen ??? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 11:25 am

Hi Stein, You can put window film on it if you can get it to curve without creasing? a hair dryer could be useful in those situations.
Back to top Go down
TaurusTuga
TaurusTuga

PostSubject: Re: film or paint on a windscreen ???   film or paint on a windscreen ??? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 5:38 pm

Hi Stein:

Or simply do as i did on my windscreen:

film or paint on a windscreen ??? Img_2011

Plasti Dip black mate inside of the screen, turns the outside gloss and shining:

See for yourself, please:

When you are tired of it, simply peeling off like rubber...and no paint, no scratch, no damage film or paint on a windscreen ??? 3498837457

Back to top Go down
Stein

PostSubject: Re: film or paint on a windscreen ???   film or paint on a windscreen ??? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2015 9:22 am

I will ask someone that does something like that , but looks like a nice thing.
The Windows film was because it could look great with some transparent , and not all Black.
I will return when i get it done , one or the other thing.

Stein
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: film or paint on a windscreen ???   film or paint on a windscreen ??? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2015 1:01 pm

Just did some of my windows at home with window film - bit fiddly, but looks good.  Make sure you give the screen & film a spray of water/washing-up liquid so you can slide it around & use a good squeege to get all the air bubbles out.  Once it's on, it's on !!!  I'd be inclined to do it on the inside - post us on how you get on
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: film or paint on a windscreen ???   film or paint on a windscreen ??? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2015 9:36 pm

Ditto to what dave said about washing up liquid. We've just moved into a new office and various internal meeting rooms have glass walls, so I got involved in designing the "manifestations" as they're called (patterns on glass to let in light but give some privacy). These   were printed on the same type of film you're talking about, but on a big scale. (The biggest window was 2.5m X 6m)....

I went on site when the sign company was fitting them to check they weren't upside down etc, and even pieces that big went on with absolute accuracy, using the fairy liquid trick. They also used a felt edged squeegee to push out the air bubbles......

Here's a cheapo equivalent  Ebay

On the small scale you're doing I'm sure you'll have no probs.  Maybe the biggest challenge is a compound curve if the screen curves inwards top to bottom as well as left to right.

I bet a graduated tint would look good... Fading from tint to clear. Looking forward to seeing the pics.
Back to top Go down
Stein

PostSubject: Re: film or paint on a windscreen ???   film or paint on a windscreen ??? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2015 9:46 pm

Thx for all inputs , i will considere what i will use , and post some pics when it is done , thx all.

Stein
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: film or paint on a windscreen ???   film or paint on a windscreen ??? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 4:49 pm

Some of them Goldwing riders have pretty pictures etched in to their screens.
Back to top Go down
TaurusTuga
TaurusTuga

PostSubject: Re: film or paint on a windscreen ???   film or paint on a windscreen ??? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2015 4:39 pm

Hi folks
Vinyl tint for curved windscreens are not the same as vinyl wrap for cars or motorcycles bodies.
They are always opaque and could be stretched and follow all the curves with a special tool, an heat gun or not:

If you use an heat gun on a windscreen, certainly you'll make a fade halo on it as unfortunately i did.. film or paint on a windscreen ??? 2516569736

In Usa they use a special iron to avoid doing any damage into it:

So i decided go ahead with rubber dip. film or paint on a windscreen ??? 3498837457
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: film or paint on a windscreen ???   film or paint on a windscreen ??? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 5:07 pm

Ace thinking to spray the screen on the inside, well thought out  oyili
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: film or paint on a windscreen ???   film or paint on a windscreen ??? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 10:02 pm

Now I get it - semi transparent tint below the chrome crosspiece. That looks bloody excellent!
Back to top Go down
Stein

PostSubject: Re: film or paint on a windscreen ???   film or paint on a windscreen ??? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 5:31 pm

film or paint on a windscreen ??? 4
Back to top Go down
Stein

PostSubject: Re: film or paint on a windscreen ???   film or paint on a windscreen ??? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 5:31 pm

film or paint on a windscreen ??? 3
Back to top Go down
Stein

PostSubject: Re: film or paint on a windscreen ???   film or paint on a windscreen ??? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 5:33 pm

I got now film on the windscreen , and the pair valve cover , and airfilter case
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: film or paint on a windscreen ???   film or paint on a windscreen ??? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 5:43 pm

That looks good - was it easy ?
Back to top Go down
Stein

PostSubject: Re: film or paint on a windscreen ???   film or paint on a windscreen ??? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 5:45 pm

katsd wrote:
That looks good - was it easy ?

I cheated , i got a friend to do it , it is her daily job he he he
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: film or paint on a windscreen ???   film or paint on a windscreen ??? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 5:48 pm

Nice one - hope you're taking her out for a drink in return !!
Back to top Go down
Stein

PostSubject: Re: film or paint on a windscreen ???   film or paint on a windscreen ??? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 5:55 pm

katsd wrote:
Nice one - hope you're taking her out for a drink in return !!
I will , you can bet on it .
Was a good job she did.
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: film or paint on a windscreen ???   film or paint on a windscreen ??? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 5:56 pm

Result all round - well done
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: film or paint on a windscreen ???   film or paint on a windscreen ??? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 6:12 pm

Nice job!  film or paint on a windscreen ??? 2170595768
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: film or paint on a windscreen ???   film or paint on a windscreen ??? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 6:27 pm

Good job that Stein! film or paint on a windscreen ??? 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: film or paint on a windscreen ???   film or paint on a windscreen ??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

film or paint on a windscreen ???
Page 1 of 1