Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks?

Go down 
+4
bigmal
DaveK
simbo
Mr Intruder
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks? Empty
PostSubject: Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks?   Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 7:44 pm

I have always used proper bike cleaners, simply becuse I don't like the idea of using anything with a salt base like Fairy liquid.
I have used many different types and brands but I have kept looking at Caravan cleaners for many yers but not tried any. I have done a bit of research on them today and will bite the bullet and go for it. The one I am going to try first is Fenwicks Caravan Cleaner. Can you imagine how many cleans a bottle of this neat fluid would do?
What thoughts do you have on bike cleaners? Loads is the answer, Feckin loads. This stuff has been advised as a cleaner on a lot of site I have visited today.

£6.99

Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks? 0047F018

Fenwicks Caravan Cleaner 1lt Fenwick's Caravan Cleaner New stronger, easy to pour bottle.For effective and easy cleaning of all the exterior surfaces. Britain's number one, by a country mile! "Simply Amazing" said The Caravan Club. Up to 40 washes per bottle.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks?   Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 8:30 pm

I use Muc-Off, only bought it because I got 2 Gallon cheap offer on ebay, seems ok for softening caked on dirt but nothing special, probably no better than hot soapy water, I usually wash the bike with Car-Plan car shampoo (3ltrs for £2 on offer at halfords) after letting it soak for 10 mins or so, could be worth trying caravan cleaner? I'll scrounge some off my brother when the muc off's run out  Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks? 3498837457
Back to top Go down
DaveK
DaveK

PostSubject: Re: Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks?   Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 9:16 pm

have a look at http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/car-care-advice.html
this guy on top of the game. sure the stuff in his shop is £££ but the base ideas are the same. and yes any salt base stuff is a big no no
i use a pH neutral snow foam (not a lot go's a long way can do the bike x2/3 with it)with a pressure washer foam cannon. then a salt free cleaner by hand
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks?   Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 10:02 pm

Hi dave
I tried some snow foam concentrate. It said to mix it 50/50 wth water, then I just put it in the detergent bottle in the pressure washer (pictured). Didn't foam up or cling especially well. Is there some other piece of kit you need?

Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks? Nilfisk-c110-pressure-washer-2

Back to top Go down
johnboss
Very Valued VIP Member
johnboss

PostSubject: Re: Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks?   Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 12:19 am

Tried a similar idea.  You fasten the bottle to the end of the hose pipe and its suppose to foam up and cover the bike / car. - tried it once and it spat tiny bits of foam in all directions - completely useless.  Finished up mixing in a bucket and doing it the old fashioned way.
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks?   Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 12:47 am

On the DL I use bicycle cleaner from the £1 shop (looks like Muc-off) and white spirit for stubborn grime on wheels etc. On the Intruder I use WD 40 For the chrome bits and spokes and bike polish for the paint work. Try not to use it in the wet but for a deep clean I would imagine the same method as the DL.
Back to top Go down
DaveK
DaveK

PostSubject: Re: Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks?   Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 4:43 pm

Mal not sure why its not working for you m8 i use a Karcher one like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmwmbsfYyUU with the one i have it said only mix to about 1/4 snow foam
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks?   Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 6:56 pm

Cheers Dave. I wonder if it's a special snow foam lance which aerates it.

The thing that came with my nilfisk is just labelled as a detergent bottle.
Back to top Go down
DaveK
DaveK

PostSubject: Re: Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks?   Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 9:09 pm

the detergent bottle on my Karcher is part of its body you just clip off never had any luck with it so just give up on it lol
Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member
hawktheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks?   Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 11:19 am

Its definitely the lance mal, got mine from ebay £20 and you can choose your connector have mine on a karcher but if you have good water pressure you can put it straight on the hose, without it its just soapy water. You still need to wipe the car/bike over but you can snow the vehicle leave for 20 min and most of the dirt has slopped of. If you polish first and snow weekly you wont have to use a sponge for months.
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks?   Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 11:31 am

Ah thanks. Do you need a whole special lance or just something like this?

eBay

Thanks for your help
Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member
hawktheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks?   Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 3:25 pm

That's the one mal, was about to look it up for you! just choose the adapter for your purpose and away you go Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks? 3498837457 way cheaper than the branded versions and work as well if not better! all you have to decide is which flavour snowfoam to use!!! got to love the scent of apples or cherry when your washing a car Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks? 536894
Back to top Go down
petetesch
petetesch

PostSubject: Re: Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks?   Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 11:23 am

Aldi this morning, Caravan cleaner £1.49.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks?   Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 7:57 pm

Cheers Pete, I have to go past there in the morning. Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks? 3498837457
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks?   Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 10:56 pm

Just on a bit of a side note but whilst keeping in line with "Cleaning Fluids" thread,,, At work, we're supposed to keep a tidy and "respectable to the eye" works company van   Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks? 123721   which means? when you're filling up with diesel, you might also also get a car wash token and give it a once over to keep it respectable glasses  Anyway, I don't have the time or enthusiasm to engage in such matters so probably go a couple of years before something gets mentioned  Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks? 2046518858   Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks? 2030053686  So last summer   sunny   my van is looking rather unloved to say the least! it was full of moss and other undesirable elements that drop from up above and words were exchanged  Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks? 2575487410  So in my wisdom and limited timescale  Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks? 3993731222  I decided to wash it with Bleach and a sweeping brush?  wow   fecking spotless within 15 mins! Not sure if it's good long term idea? but, wow! everyone commended me on the cleanliness of my transport  Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks? 65147
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks?   Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 11:06 pm

I don't think Meguires would recommend that, but f**k it.... It's a works van!
Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member
hawktheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks?   Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 8:19 am

But he forgot to mention it went from white to brushed aluminium! msrke
Back to top Go down
johnboss
Very Valued VIP Member
johnboss

PostSubject: Re: Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks?   Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 1:21 pm

Once went out with a girl who cleaned her 2 year old Mini with hot water and Vim - that came up a treat then went rusty as f*ck within weeks.  Living on the sea front at Blackpool probably did'nt help! Needless to say it was not her intelligence that attracted me to her SUZUKI800.COM GIRL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks?   Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bike Cleaning Fluids - Muc-off or Other? or Maybe Fenwicks?
Page 1 of 1