Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions

Go down 
+2
yorky
Bluesman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions Empty
PostSubject: Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions   Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 6:20 pm

Fitted the X-TRE yesterday. Here's the package Biker's Discount Store send you for around £90:
Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions 8_zpswuedl6y4
But make sure you tell them it is for a VL800 and you need 2 extra 3 pin adaptors and extra instructions how to wire them as the basic kit is not complete. I got mine sent direct from Healtech:
Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions 1_zpsphrkiri6
These photos are to go along with the fitting instructions. First unbolt and unclip the larger black ECM connector under the right side cover. Find the black wire with a green stripe (#31) as this is not the number stated in the instructions! Peel off the black binding tape and, if you can bear to  affraid, snip the wire in half:
Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions 6_zpsunphpwm9
Using the supplied butt connectors, splice the wire as shown in the instructions to connect the ECM to the X-TRE loom:
Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions 7_zps2sh0apiw
Now over to the extra instructions which you will be given as a download and first of all find and disconnect the 6 pole GPS connector (gear position) which is unique to the Intruder. You will find this near the coolant filler which needs unbolting and hanging ( I used stiff wire) to get at the male and female connectors:
Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions 2_zpslbcjrba4
Next, after separating, carefully pull out the pink, blue and black/white wires from each using a fine miniature screwdriver to push the holding plastic clips inside:
Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions 3_zps0x4h5kj0
In reverse, refit these, metal spades into the supplied 3 pin connectors (all in the instructions):
Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions 4_zpscb0zffue
Now connect the  3 pin plugs to the corresponding opposite on the X-TRE and also reconnect the 6 pole connector which now only has 2 colours in it (not in the instructions!) Check all wires are firmly clipped back in:
 Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions 5_zpsoazotp3a

All that remains is to plug in the wiring loom from the ECM, connect the red power lead to battery or switched live ( I did battery) and tape the X-TRE to the frame and clear of the silver side cover fitting position (all of which I forgot to photograph so you will have to use your imagination!) Make sure you cable tie the wires where necessary. There maybe other places to mount it but that's the way I did it according to the wiring lengths supplied (I did have to extend the power wire a bit)

That's it. Yes....a lot of fiddly work and more confusingly, made harder by Healtech who omit to give special instructions for the Intruder (but Norbert their main man is very helpful and emails you at all hours to help!)

Is it all worth it?........YOU BET! Went for a ride today and it's like having a different bike - no rev limit in low gears, a 4th that will reach 70+mph soooo smoothly and top gear  that just goes on and on!  The bike just seems so much more responsive. At one point I even saw 6th gear in the display!!  But that was when it was calibrating itself (basically just switch on). Best £90 gizmo I've ever had and comes with my highest recommendation!
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions   Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 6:57 pm

Great instructions John! thanks for sharing  Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions 433968 glad it gave the desired results  Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions   Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 8:58 pm

Cheers Sim.Good idea to split the topic too  Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions 3498837457

Emailed Healtech to say I was happy - got this reply:

Hi John,

Thank you for the feedback, glad to hear all is well now :)

Sorry for the extra round, we will update our files for this bike.

Kind Regards,
/Norbert
www.healtech-electronics.com

So hopefully any future Intruder customers can look forward to a less lengthy install!
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions   Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 9:28 pm

Bluesman wrote:

Best £90 gizmo I've ever had and comes with my highest recommendation!

Gonna order one for my Bandit  Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions   Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 11:50 pm

simbo wrote:
Bluesman wrote:

Gonna order one for my Bandit  Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions 3498837457
What a good idea - I'd love to ride a 1250 with an X-TRE installed!
Back to top Go down
yorky
VIP Member
yorky

PostSubject: Re: Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions   Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 8:28 am

Great job John, you have really stuck at it with a fantastic result  Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions 3498837457
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions   Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 9:56 pm

Bluesman wrote:
simbo wrote:
Bluesman wrote:

What a good idea - I'd love to ride a 1250 with an X-TRE installed!

Ordered it last night  Very Happy I'm looking forward to seeing if it unleashes any more power in the 1st 3 gears? although it's not really slow, I've often missed an extra 40bhp or so just for that little adrenalin rush  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
v-twin
Very Valued VIP Member
v-twin

PostSubject: Re: Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions   Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 10:08 pm

Do you know what the figures are for a stock bandit, I did contemplate changing the Cams, Carbs, filters etc on my GSX, apparently she would then be closer to 150hp affraid Twisted Evil cop Sorry officer.

I do find that 0-60 in just over 3seconds is a bit slow, I feel it would be much better if it was closer to 2.5, it would make the world of difference going to the shop Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions 56357
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions   Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 10:20 pm

v-twin wrote:
Do you know what the figures are for a stock bandit, I did contemplate changing the Cams, Carbs, filters etc on my GSX, apparently she would then be closer to 150hp affraid Twisted Evil cop Sorry officer.

96.5bhp @ 7500rpm
80 ft.lb @ 3500rpm 

150bhp would be nice  Very Happy  Holeshot Performance is the place to go for more power I believe, it'd be easier to just get a more powerful bike though.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions   Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 5:20 pm

Damn thing came today whilst I was out having breakfast!  Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions 693183 luckily the sorting office is open 12 till 4 tomorrow so I'll go n pick it up then see if I can get it fitted  study + it'll get me out of going the the mother in laws with the big un  Wink
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions   Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 5:44 pm

Let us know how it improves things. I must admit, I half fancy fitting one on the 650 - the throttle is quite jerky in 1st. Have you found your GPS coupler yet Sim? I wonder if your black/green wire will be the number Healtech say?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions   Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 6:08 pm

Bluesman wrote:
Let us know how it improves things. I must admit, I half fancy fitting one on the 650 - the throttle is quite jerky in 1st. Have you found your GPS coupler yet Sim? I wonder if your black/green wire will be the number Healtech say?

Will do John  Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions 3498837457  Pin 6 on the larger ecu connector is Green/Black so I'm presuming it's as per instructions, not sure on the GPS coupler yet though? states 'white' connector in the instructions but mines 'black' , wire colours correspond though (blue, pink, black & white) so I'll whip the tank off just to confirm there's no others hiding in the depths?.
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions   Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 7:10 pm

I wouldn't snip the wire until you have collected the package just in case it's saucy undies instead!  Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions 2740622253
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions   Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 8:26 pm

Good job and info here for post 2010 bikes. Nice one John. Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions   Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 10:29 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
Good job and info here for post 2010 bikes. Nice one John. Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions 3498837457
Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions 3005623951 Once again, you did it long ago Dave - I'm just catching up!  Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions 1993399755
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions   Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2016 2:28 pm

Bluesman wrote:
I wouldn't snip the wire until you have collected the package just in case it's saucy undies instead!  Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions 2740622253

No sexy undies in the package  Laughing  I was wondering if it might be brake pads for the R6 though? anyway, it wasn't, it was the TRE  Very Happy works a treat! feels like a different bike in the first three gears and no hesitation around 3k anymore  Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions 1218875559  dead easy to fit on the bandit too, seat off and side panel off and everything's there, quick read and double check  study  and it was fitted in less than 30 mins, I'm that impressed I even stuck a Healtech sticker on my bike Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions 215375
Back to top Go down
v-twin
Very Valued VIP Member
v-twin

PostSubject: Re: Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions   Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2016 2:35 pm

Praise indeed Sim. It's a shame my bike does not have FI, oh well :)

Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions   Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2016 4:44 pm

Good news! 30 mins - bloody hell, took me about 4 hours + 4 emails  Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions 2740622253
Back to top Go down
creol
Prospect

PostSubject: Re: Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions   Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 12:06 pm

Hi all,

Just a follow up on X-TRE for Intruders. Healtech has updated their files/products, so you'd have to get the XT-S02 package for VL800/C800/M800, NOT the XT-S01 package. In this way you won't be missing any components.

Best
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions   Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Healtech XT-S01 X-TRE Fitting instructions
Page 1 of 1