Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are these cheap grips any good ?

Go down 
+3
simbo
stingray
Bugsy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bugsy
Bugsy

Are these cheap grips any good ? Empty
PostSubject: Are these cheap grips any good ?   Are these cheap grips any good ? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 10:17 am

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-1Motorcycle-Handle-Bar-End-Hand-Grips-For-Yamaha-Suzuki-Harley-Honda-Bike-/361342763222?var=&hash=item5421b500d6:m:m9veIBD657JiveOOKrsWQwQ

They are incredibly cheap but just wondered if they are worth buying.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
stingray
Very Valued VIP Member
stingray

PostSubject: Re: Are these cheap grips any good ?   Are these cheap grips any good ? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 11:07 am

Hi Gary, I fitted something very similar to these if not the same, yeah they are copies but I find them extremely good value for money Are these cheap grips any good ? 3498837457 from me.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Are these cheap grips any good ?   Are these cheap grips any good ? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 11:48 am

stingray wrote:
Hi Gary, I fitted something very similar to these if not the same, yeah they are copies but I find them extremely good value for money Are these cheap grips any good ? 3498837457 from me.

Are these cheap grips any good ? 428386 Are these cheap grips any good ? 2215087486 I had the "03" version with the throttle boss, couldn't fault them  Are these cheap grips any good ? 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Bugsy
Bugsy

PostSubject: Re: Are these cheap grips any good ?   Are these cheap grips any good ? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 11:52 am

Thanks John & Sim,

I've just ordered a set in style No.04. Less than £19.00 delivered to France.

Now just wait and see.

I had a set of Kuryakin Iso's on my Triumph America and they were brilliant. Price today with the 'wrist-rest' is £100 Are these cheap grips any good ? 2037161312 and they are probably made in China anyway.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Are these cheap grips any good ?   Are these cheap grips any good ? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 12:04 pm

Good choice  Are these cheap grips any good ? 3498837457  I banged my head a few times on the spikes of 03's whilst working on the bike, they hurt!
Back to top Go down
Bugsy
Bugsy

PostSubject: Re: Are these cheap grips any good ?   Are these cheap grips any good ? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 12:12 pm

Ouch !!
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Are these cheap grips any good ?   Are these cheap grips any good ? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 4:25 pm

Some of Kuryarkyns stuff is made in China but packaged in the USA so it's marked as a US product. The Chinese grips I bought were excellent quality but the Kuryarkyn throttle boss was nearly twice as much as the pair of grips!
Back to top Go down
Bugsy
Bugsy

PostSubject: Re: Are these cheap grips any good ?   Are these cheap grips any good ? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 4:47 pm

I've got a Kuryakin Throttle Boss that I bought and never used. If it fits the grips I've ordered I guess I'll have a spare.

Are these cheap grips any good ? P1030085_zpstrg8llbg
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Are these cheap grips any good ?   Are these cheap grips any good ? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 6:06 pm

Yes that's the same as mine.
I had to get some longer s/s allen bolts to do mine though as the original screws may not be long enough Gary.
5mm sounds about right as you have to be careful not to foul the twist grip/handlebar thereby making it difficult to turn the grip! Don't ask how I know ha ha!!!
Also I seem to remember that they were either metric or unf but for the life of me I can't remember sorry.
It makes for an easier life for your wrist as you don't need to hang onto the grip hardly at all once you're cruising along.
Back to top Go down
Bugsy
Bugsy

PostSubject: Re: Are these cheap grips any good ?   Are these cheap grips any good ? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 8:57 am

Are these cheap grips any good ? 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Bugsy
Bugsy

PostSubject: Re: Are these cheap grips any good ?   Are these cheap grips any good ? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 12:34 pm

Well, they arrived this morning and I have to say, they look pretty-well made.

The photo below shows them with a genuine Kuryakyn throttle-boss, nearly identical. That genuine boss cost more than these grips.Very Happy

Are these cheap grips any good ? P1030526_zpswvbnyadq
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Are these cheap grips any good ?   Are these cheap grips any good ? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 4:50 pm

Lovely, can't be faulted for the money  Are these cheap grips any good ? 3498837457
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Are these cheap grips any good ?   Are these cheap grips any good ? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 7:33 pm

Ah just remembered why I needed the longer screws Gary! I fitted bar end weights from Kuryarkyn as well so that's why I needed the longer screws doh!
Look good no matter though!

I found ladies hair spray good to fix the clutch side grip to the bar as well.
Back to top Go down
Bugsy
Bugsy

PostSubject: Re: Are these cheap grips any good ?   Are these cheap grips any good ? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 8:38 pm

Thanks, wife is off to the UK for a week tomorrow so I can get on with some important jobs lol!
Back to top Go down
Bugsy
Bugsy

PostSubject: Re: Are these cheap grips any good ?   Are these cheap grips any good ? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 9:52 am

A quick question on these grips.
I've just fitted the throttle-side and it works fine. My question concerns the free-play in the grip, both in & out and up and down. I understand the need for it to be completely free in it's movement but I have about 1mm movement in the in & out and a small unmeasurable amount of movement at the outside end of the grip when moved up & down.

Unfortunately, I didn't check the movement of the stock one before I removed it. 

Is this normal.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Are these cheap grips any good ?   Are these cheap grips any good ? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 2:13 pm

Don't worry about it Gary as if it was stiff that's the time to panic!!!
Back to top Go down
Bugsy
Bugsy

PostSubject: Re: Are these cheap grips any good ?   Are these cheap grips any good ? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 3:44 pm

Thanks, all fitted and working fine Are these cheap grips any good ? 184121345
Back to top Go down
buzz5019
Prospect
buzz5019

PostSubject: Re: Are these cheap grips any good ?   Are these cheap grips any good ? Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 9:17 pm

Good evening, had my vl800 nearly a week now, the throttle grip has a big split in it and looks like its been super glued back together. Does anyone have a ling to new grips? cheap Chinese or uk ones, sorry for jumping on a old thread.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Valued Member
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Are these cheap grips any good ?   Are these cheap grips any good ? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2020 8:37 am

Some of the links here, on old threads, have disappeared.   How annoying.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-Chrome-Hand-Grips-For-Suzuki-Intruder-Volusia-VS-700-750-800-1400-1500-C50-/223031937434
Back to top Go down
buzz5019
Prospect
buzz5019

PostSubject: Re: Are these cheap grips any good ?   Are these cheap grips any good ? Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2020 11:28 am

Thanks Badger, just ordered some, yeah all the link on the thread dont work but that one you sent did. should be here end of June, just done the exhaust mod as well sounds 100 times better, really turning heads now.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Valued Member
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Are these cheap grips any good ?   Are these cheap grips any good ? Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2020 2:30 pm

Buzz, I can tell you now, these bikes get a lot of positive attention and comments, as they no longer sell them new in the UK.   Older ones, like ours, kept well, look fantastic.  I get people stopping to talk about the bike almost every time I park up.
Back to top Go down
ardie
Valued Member
ardie

PostSubject: Re: Are these cheap grips any good ?   Are these cheap grips any good ? Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 8:06 pm

totally agree with badger they get a lot of positive comments have mine 5 years now and seller still trying to buy it back
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are these cheap grips any good ?   Are these cheap grips any good ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are these cheap grips any good ?
Page 1 of 1