After removing most of the catalytic converter, you can see the tube going straight to the header pipe on my completely gutted stock mufflers.
I have noticed a little loss in backpressure and hence torque after this final stage so decided to make a new set of lollipops similar to the ones I installed on my HH pipes a few years back. First I purchased some 50mm washers, brackets and bolts/nuts (£3)
Next I made up a bracket to withstand the force from the exhaust output and a bolt to insert through a hole in the muffler. The top nut is to stop the bolt spinning when tightened from below and the wing nut as a prototype
Inserted and tightened about 6 inches in.
After testing, I replaced the wing nut with a square nut, hidden where the eye cannot see. I had to jack the bike up to get the drill into the lower pipe.
You have to shine a light down the pipes to see the lollipops but when sprayed with matt black HT paint, you cannot tell there is anything inside when viewed from the back
The bike now has more torque but the nice crack of sound is much the same. I guess this completes the stock exhaust modification. Possibly needs locknuts. I have tested for quite a few miles and so far the lollipops have remained in position. This method can be done on debaffled or gutted stock pipes and aftermarkets and is considerably cheaper than torque cones and if you like messing around, great fun!