Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brake light not working.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
>>ozzy<<
Prospect
>>ozzy<<

Brake light not working. Empty
PostSubject: Brake light not working.   Brake light not working. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2016 7:48 pm

My C800's brake light turns on only by pressing rear brake pedal. Front brake doesn't turn it on. Fuses were changed – every single one – but problem remained. Have anyone experienced the same issue? Thanks for your help.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Brake light not working.   Brake light not working. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2016 8:00 pm

sticky switch on the front brake lever? does it make a clicking sound when you pull the lever?
Back to top Go down
>>ozzy<<
Prospect
>>ozzy<<

PostSubject: Re: Brake light not working.   Brake light not working. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2016 8:14 pm

I'm not sure at the moment. Tommorow I'll check. I just remembered that horn not working too. Could it be related?
Back to top Go down
hmac
hmac

PostSubject: Re: Brake light not working.   Brake light not working. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2016 8:41 pm

Open the switch and give it a spray of ACF50 or WD 40. Fixed mine and cost pennies to try.
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

PostSubject: Re: Brake light not working.   Brake light not working. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2016 8:47 pm

I would re-check the fuses if the horn is out as well .... you might have a chaffed cable somewhere causing the problem. Otherwise, as Sim says, likely to be a sticking switch - worth stripping the switch housing down & cleaning out with WD40 or similar as Hmac advised.
Back to top Go down
>>ozzy<<
Prospect
>>ozzy<<

PostSubject: Re: Brake light not working.   Brake light not working. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 6:05 pm

QUICK UPDATE: There is "click" sound when pulling front brake lever. WD-40 not applied yet – I'm still at work now.

All fuses have been replaced by brand new ones.

Few days ago, horn made some very short ¼ second silenced beep when I pressed the button. Since then not even that.
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Brake light not working.   Brake light not working. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 2:45 am

Had a quick look at the wiring diagram - looks like the horn / front & rear brakes  / speedo, all work off the same fuse (sure someone will confirm/dispute that), so I'd be inclined to look elsewhere if the rear brake lights up & the speedo works.

Pop a test light into the feed wire to make sure you're getting juice to the horn.  Then run a feed direct to the horn to make sure that's actually working.  Open the switchgear & have a look at the condition of the switch - they can fry.  If it looks dirty, spray some brake cleaner around the contacts.

I'd agree with the others, the brake side certainly sounds like the switch is gummed up - be a cheap fix.

Keep us updated with progress
Back to top Go down
>>ozzy<<
Prospect
>>ozzy<<

PostSubject: Re: Brake light not working.   Brake light not working. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 7:55 pm

Thank you all for you effort & valuable tips – the brake light does its job again! Brake light not working. 433968 I only cleaned the switch under the front brake lever and sprayed it by WD-40.
Back to top Go down
>>ozzy<<
Prospect
>>ozzy<<

PostSubject: Re: Brake light not working.   Brake light not working. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 8:04 pm

About the horn issue – I tried "the WD-40 hack" on a horn button. It was a quick action after work. I didn't have enough time to clean horn either to spray every connector relevant to it. Nevertheless, it started to make that silenced short sound again. Maybe it needs to be cleaned to, am I wrong?
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Brake light not working.   Brake light not working. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 12:30 am

You won't know for certain till you ascertained that the horn is working.  Once you know the horn's working, you can work your way back
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brake light not working.   Brake light not working. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brake light not working.
Page 1 of 1