Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

* HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 *

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

* HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * Empty
PostSubject: * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 *   * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 3:26 pm

I installed my HardKrome Quiet Baffles in to my Vance and Hines Cruzers today and I am extremely pleased with the result. I would not say it has made the exhaust quiet by any stretch of the imagination but it has taken out some of the volume and more importantly the bark, which in my opinion was above and beyond what I would consider to be acceptable to Joe public. The noise level was also starting to p*ss me off when riding at high-speed.
On tick over the bike is a lot quieter, possibly somewhere in the region of 25% reduction in volume throughout the rev range.
I did follow Alfie's advice and fit the Hardkromes without removing the Cruzer's baffle as Alfie had an issue with the original packaging becoming loose. I didn't drill holes tho' for the self tapping screws, I just put pressure on with my drill and used a couple of smaller screws and they made the hole quite easily before installing the self tappers. To be honest I snapped my last correctly sized drill bit on the first hole, so made do with that approach.
All in all I am very pleased that I bought these baffles as I love the look of the Cruzers but they were just a little to noisy for me. I like a Cruiser to have a nice throaty sound with a descent level of volume and a bit of bark and with these baffles installed, that's exactly what I have!

I did promise a video of before and after but will have to apologies as I bolloxed it up but will do it at a later date.

Last edited by Mr Intruder on Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 *   * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 4:19 pm

Cool, glad your happy with the result * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * 3498837457

Always handy when you can get tips off other members before doing any install, sounds like Alfies advice sent you in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 *   * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 4:49 pm

captain crash wrote:
Cool, glad your happy with the result * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * 3498837457
Always handy when you can get tips off other members before doing any install, sounds like Alfies advice sent you in the right direction.

Spot on, Alfie saved me a bit of hastle and I have just got back from a ride and I love the result
Back to top Go down
pledge
Valued Member
pledge

PostSubject: Re: * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 *   * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 5:52 pm

I'm pleased your're happy with the out come.
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 *   * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 7:00 pm

Glad to see you are happy with the baffles,like you I prefer the cruiser pipes,but they do need to be a little quieter.Just a note to anyone wishing to take the baffles out of the V&H cruiser pipes carefully mark the position of the baffle before you remove it,especially were the grub screw goes for you only have a liitle hole to put the screw back in,and believe me it is a pain if not marked up right before you start.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 *   * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 3:43 pm

Alfie, as promised a bit of info on the Baffles

The pepper pot section is drilled with 2mm holes evenly spaced with non holed area
The pepper pot section also has a wavey sheet of steel running along that section only, which basically splits that section in to two
It would not be advisable under any circumstance to fit the HardKrome Quiet Baffle to a removed stock baffle due to the exact and extremelly tight fit

back plate 3" accross
Baffle tube width 1.50"
tube 6.75" from end to end
pepper pot section of tube 5.25" long
solid, non pepper pot section of tube 1.50" long

* HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * NewBitmapImage
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 *   * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 5:43 pm

Hmmm with those specs explained, that would make the baffles very easy for someone with metal skills to copy
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 *   * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 11:23 pm

Sound cheers Dave well explained,easy to understand.The solid part can be made from any stainless steel/mild steel, what comes to mind is the bar holders that you can purchase from B&Q and the like for hanging a clothes rack in your wardrobe,bearing in mind that they would have to have a 1.50" hole in.The pepper pot area,that can be made from small strong mesh/grateing made round to fit,holed or diamond patern would suffice approx 2mm thick.This is only my idea of making these,if anybody wishes to take on board what I have wrote please feel free to do so with no reprecusions to myself.Once again Dave thanks for taking the time to send me the details,I love this forum very imformative and helpful.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 *   * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 7:53 pm

Flippin eck Alfie, I just re read your post and I love the way your brain works by simply using things that are easily accessable in the local shops.

Between you and Dave your a right couple of pirates

* HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * 276246
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 *   * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 7:57 pm

* HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * 852880
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 *   * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 1:00 pm

[img]* HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * 2011-10-10131103-1[/img]
[img]* HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * 2011-10-13182746[/img]

Hi Dave here is my version of quiet baffles made from scrap,the welding has been tieded up,the good thing is they are hidden,also they do work.Cheers for you input Dave helped a lot.The grill was an old diesel cage,two 2.5" washers and a piece of vacuum cleaner pipe.
Back to top Go down
pledge
Valued Member
pledge

PostSubject: Re: * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 *   * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 1:58 pm

What a great job you must be genius.* HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * 276246 * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * 65147
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Alfie's Aftermarket's   * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 6:48 pm

* HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * 2170595768 Bloody Hell what a good job
First of all we had the Bluesman mod & now we got Alfies Aftermarket's * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * 65147

Q, Are the washers actualy wide enough to drill for self tappers to go in to the stock baffles?
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 *   * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 7:17 pm

Fantastic, Alfie's Aftermarkets.

That's got a good ring to it, well done Alfie * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * 881924
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 *   * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 10:42 pm

Hi Dave what I done was drilled the vacuum pipe whilst in the main baffle then placed a nylock 10mm nut to a bolt passing through both.This will not shake loose or melt as the heat is not that severe.What it means is that I have to remove the main baffle to do any mods,but I have made a template to be able to easily connect the baffle back into position when needed.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 *   * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 7:42 am

Very clever and tidy way to do it
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 *   * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 8:21 pm

* HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * 428386 On what Mr I said, you the man Alfie * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * 2170595768
Back to top Go down
stone
stone

PostSubject: Re: * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 *   * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 5:35 pm

Where did you puchase you HardKrome Quiet Baffles Mr I
Back to top Go down
pledge
Valued Member
pledge

PostSubject: Re: * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 *   * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 6:05 pm

stone wrote:
Where did you puchase you HardKrome Quiet Baffles Mr I

I'd be interested to know also, I'm sure Mr I did say where he got them from but I can't find the post now.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 *   * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 7:13 pm

SmartPartz Site LINK
It would seem they are not available in the UK
I did get hit for £17 before collection at the Post Office
Back to top Go down
pledge
Valued Member
pledge

PostSubject: Re: * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 *   * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 7:19 pm

Thanks Mr I.* HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * 184121345
Back to top Go down
stone
stone

PostSubject: Re: * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 *   * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 7:26 pm

Cheers Mr I.

£17 sounds v steep for import duties. Works out at about £80 for a couple of bits of pipe!!!

Might try making some
Back to top Go down
stone
stone

PostSubject: Re: * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 *   * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 7:49 am

Decided to order some Hard Kore baffles. See if I get hit with £17 at post office.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 *   * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 7:46 pm

It's robbery for sure but with most stuff it still works out cheaper than buying the same product in this country (thats if you can get stuff here, which often you can't)
Back to top Go down
stone
stone

PostSubject: Re: * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 *   * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 4:48 pm

Didnt get hit for £17 import duties. Must be my luck day!!
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 *   * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 5:37 pm

That's exactly what it was, importing is a lottery.
Lucky you * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 *   * HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 * Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

* HardKrome Quite Baffles For V&H Cruzers C800 *
Page 1 of 1