Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bought my old bike back!

Go down 
+7
Lowey
OldManYam
simbo
peardrop3
johnboss
v-twin
Bluesman
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

Bought my old bike back! Empty
PostSubject: Bought my old bike back!   Bought my old bike back! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2016 6:50 pm

Anyone done this? Well I just did! Soon realised my HD was going to be a summer bike apart from weekly battery charge trips if poss so have been looking for a weather beating second bike. Thought of smaller bikes but the power of the Harley would make it seem weak probably. Even thought of an Intruder C800B with a screen and no chrome. But then I've been looking at my 2014 Suzuki 1250FA which I hastily sold back to the dealer a year or so ago. It's been sitting there ever since with 0% on new bikes crippling any chance of it being bought. Soooo - I bought it back for little more than they gave me and got a new tyre and 4k service thrown in. She was mine from new and I'm the first and second owner. Arrived today, so it's now safely back where it belongs. This photo was taken when I put on my exhaust, not long after I bought it (1st time round!) Looks identical now.
Bought my old bike back! A4-800x566_zpsnle54qil
Happy days!
Back to top Go down
v-twin
Very Valued VIP Member
v-twin

PostSubject: Re: Bought my old bike back!   Bought my old bike back! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2016 7:04 pm

I've never bought any of my old bikes back, but I certainly regretted selling some of them.
Back to top Go down
johnboss
Very Valued VIP Member
johnboss

PostSubject: Re: Bought my old bike back!   Bought my old bike back! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2016 7:20 pm

Nice one John - keep it this time, clearly you were meant for each other!
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Bought my old bike back!   Bought my old bike back! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2016 7:31 pm

Nice one John, I have tried with no results to occasionally buy one of my old bikes back but have never succeeded yet!
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Bought my old bike back!   Bought my old bike back! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2016 7:34 pm

Great bike and great value for money, can't beat that effortless torque either  Bought my old bike back! 3498837457
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

PostSubject: Re: Bought my old bike back!   Bought my old bike back! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2016 7:59 pm

Interesting move John, I hope you happy with the repurchase .... At least you know exactly what you've bought.

All the best       Bought my old bike back! 3005623951    Yam
Back to top Go down
Lowey
Valued Member
Lowey

PostSubject: Re: Bought my old bike back!   Bought my old bike back! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 8:05 am

I bet it made the dealers day.
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Bought my old bike back!   Bought my old bike back! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 8:27 am

Did you do a check on the precious owner ?  There's some doggy bikers out there you know !!  The only bike i regret selling is a '74 Honda 175 Benly which I picked up for £50, ran for a year, then sold for £50 - number plate was probably worth more than that 

Nice story John
Back to top Go down
Old Luner
Valued Member
Old Luner

PostSubject: Re: Bought my old bike back!   Bought my old bike back! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 9:54 am

Sounds like you got a years safe storage, a new tyre and a service for not a lot of dosh, well done, tidy looking bike too  Bought my old bike back! 3498837457
Back to top Go down
ardie
Valued Member
ardie

PostSubject: Re: Bought my old bike back!   Bought my old bike back! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 1:15 pm

got a txt two weeks ago previous owner wants to buy  vl800 back hes in oz at the minute back at the end of month so gives me something to ponder thing is its worth more now than when I bought it .ive already refused a better offer than I paid oct 2015 just two months ago.ive been there myself sold a bike and regretted it never got the chance to buy back.
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Bought my old bike back!   Bought my old bike back! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 5:45 pm

Strange thing - the oil in the inspection window is dirty yet the dealer has stamped the book for the 2nd 4k mile service. Also the oil filter is grimy and not like a new one at all. I suspect the oil was not changed either. It has done 100 miles only since the alleged service  - my experience is that so soon after a service the oil would look pretty clean. I suppose if the oil was changed but not the filter it could be a bit dirty. Anyone got a take on this? I will probably phone on Monday and ask to check what actually was done on the date stamped in the book!
Back to top Go down
Lowey
Valued Member
Lowey

PostSubject: Re: Bought my old bike back!   Bought my old bike back! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 6:08 pm

For peace of mind you could change the oil and filter yourself, the dealer is more than likely to say they have done it, dealers do sometimes bend the truth a little. You are right if the oil has been changed only then it  will look dirty very quickly, I personally don't see the point of only changing the oil and not the filter.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Bought my old bike back!   Bought my old bike back! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 7:15 pm

Service book says change the filter every "second" service like the intruder, like you said, if there's half a litre of dirty oil in it it will disclolour the new oil quickly. carry on, it's good for another 100k yet  Bought my old bike back! 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Bought my old bike back!   Bought my old bike back! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2016 5:29 am

Thanks Jeff and Sim, tight buggers left the filter on!
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: Bought my old bike back!   Bought my old bike back! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2016 8:14 am

Ha, nice one John .... I second Andrew's comment here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bought my old bike back!   Bought my old bike back! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bought my old bike back!
Page 1 of 1