Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Throaty exhaust note video on C800

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

Throaty exhaust note video on C800 Empty
PostSubject: Throaty exhaust note video on C800   Throaty exhaust note video on C800 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 8:47 pm

Thought I'd open a new topic as the old one had been through a few phases! After taking out the baffles on the extended Short Cuts I made a video just to see what it sounds like when not actually sitting on the bike. I've been geting a bit peed off with some of the big cruisers that come down to Swansea in the summer months and sound bloody wonderful. I know the 800 is a great bike and theres a big v-twin throaty rumble inside there waiting to get out. I have been a little preoccupied with seeking this holy grail over the last 12 months, I will freely admit. When I rode out today the first thing that struck me was the deep throb when backing off the throttle. I am also well pleased with the smooth running of the bike with no baffles. I have just read Dozers Dad's notes on rough running. I don't know what's going on now but my bike seems to be handling this set up well. Anyway here's the video.

Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Throaty exhaust note video on C800   Throaty exhaust note video on C800 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 9:17 pm

Sounds great Blues Throaty exhaust note video on C800 3498837457

Bluesman wrote:
I don't know what's going on now but my bike seems to be handling this set up well.
Handling the setup with the pipe extentions on but what about without them?
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Throaty exhaust note video on C800   Throaty exhaust note video on C800 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 9:46 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
Handling the setup with the pipe extentions on but what about without them?

Fact is when I ran without baffles just on the Short Cuts after I installed them the bike had little torque. I wonder if it needed a good blast for the sensors to sort things out. Maybe the extensions have changed the pipe dynamics to give some back pressure. Maybe the bike gremlin has just cheered up a bit Throaty exhaust note video on C800 1993399755
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Throaty exhaust note video on C800   Throaty exhaust note video on C800 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 10:18 pm

Bluesman wrote:
Maybe the extensions have changed the pipe dynamics to give some back pressure.
I think the extension and curve has made the difference from the result you were getting from the original result. so I would have to say that they only way to find out if the bike has actually adjusted FI to the setup is to take the extensions off and see what the result is now!
The problem I have in my mind is that the FI system is a computer and it would not take time to adjust it would either adjust immediately or it would not. Computers do not need time to think about something, they adjust to changes immediately in relevance to our time or they don't. If a bike needed a good blast which could in reality make a difference then a computer would be constantly making the adjustments within the current scope, presuming that the bike's running condition was within the original spectrum that the programme was setup to handle in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Throaty exhaust note video on C800   Throaty exhaust note video on C800 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 11:38 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
Bluesman wrote:
Maybe the extensions have changed the pipe dynamics to give some back pressure.
I think the extension and curve has made the difference from the result you were getting from the original result. so I would have to say that they only way to find out if the bike has actually adjusted FI to the setup is to take the extensions off and see what the result is now!
The problem I have in my mind is that the FI system is a computer and it would not take time to adjust it would either adjust immediately or it would not. Computers do not need time to think about something, they adjust to changes immediately in relevance to our time or they don't. If a bike needed a good blast which could in reality make a difference then a computer would be constantly making the adjustments within the current scope, presuming that the bike's running condition was within the original spectrum that the programme was setup to handle in the first place.

Yes that makes sense. I'll take them off sometime but I like the look and it's difficult for prying eyes to see the baffles have been removed so I'll keep them on for the moment. FI certainly takes the guesswork out of set ups - like you say if the bike does not like what's happening, it will tell you. So by that logic my present set up must be within its tolerance range.

I'm thinking of debadging so people can guess the size of my engine - after all, one comment you often get when they've seen the badge - "Looks big for an 800". In fact it's amazing how puny the big Harleys can sound with stock exhausts.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Throaty exhaust note video on C800   Throaty exhaust note video on C800 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 6:12 pm

Bluesman wrote:
I'm thinking of debadging so people can guess the size of my engine - after all, one comment you often get when they've seen the badge - "Looks big for an 800". In fact it's amazing how puny the big Harleys can sound with stock exhausts.
Yeah I have had a lot of people that have been shocked when I have told them it's an 800
The C800 badges on the sides will come off in a minute when warmed up with a hairdryer. Then to keep them in good condition in case you ever want to put them back on the bike again, simply stick them back to back against each other. Then if you ever decide to put them back on the bike all you will need to do is heat them up nice and hot and pull them apart and stick em back in place.
Back to top Go down
pledge
Valued Member
pledge

PostSubject: Re: Throaty exhaust note video on C800   Throaty exhaust note video on C800 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 6:18 pm

Sounds really nice Bluesman.Throaty exhaust note video on C800 2170595768
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Throaty exhaust note video on C800   Throaty exhaust note video on C800 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 6:55 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
Bluesman wrote:
Yeah I have had a lot of people that have been shocked when I have told them it's an 800
The C800 badges on the sides will come off in a minute when warmed up with a hairdryer. Then to keep them in good condition in case you ever want to put them back on the bike again, simply stick them back to back against each other. Then if you ever decide to put them back on the bike all you will need to do is heat them up nice and hot and pull them apart and stick em back in place.

Throaty exhaust note video on C800 3999423852 That's my next job then!
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Throaty exhaust note video on C800   Throaty exhaust note video on C800 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 6:56 pm

pledge wrote:
Sounds really nice Bluesman.Throaty exhaust note video on C800 2170595768

Throaty exhaust note video on C800 433968
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Throaty exhaust note video on C800   Throaty exhaust note video on C800 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Throaty exhaust note video on C800
Page 1 of 1