Hello there, just got this bike and had to fit a new battery, went for a gel type, never had one before. Fitted it and started it up fine, rode a while then noticed the regulator (fitted next to the exhaust!!) was very hot. I can touch it but it is hot. I got the tester out and started up, charging at 14.5 volts falling to 13.8 volts. Bike is an import so the head light is on all the time. Any ideas, do gel batteries take more current, or do the regulators always get hot perhaps? Or is it just knackered? I see Chinese replacements for little money, are they any good? Cheers James.