Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Exhaust Emmissions in the UK

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

Exhaust Emmissions in the UK Empty
PostSubject: Exhaust Emmissions in the UK   Exhaust Emmissions in the UK Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 1:50 pm

I found the following information on www.righttoride.co.uk

“From April 2010 anyone buying a new car will pay a different rate of Vehicle Tax for the first tax disc. From the second tax disc onwards they will then pay the standard rate. Motorcycles will not be included in these rates, because nobody knows what the CO2 emissions for motorcycles (and mopeds) are. This is because the motorcycle manufacturers refuse to supply this information, which means that any potential savings on road tax will not be passed on to motorcyclists.

So my question, forgive me if I am sounding thick is.........

1. If we do not have exhaust emmission rules in the UK on motorcycles, why the fuck is the intruder series of bikes (C & M) have the timing retarded to reduce emmissions when a side effect of that is that you have a loss of power?

2. Why in the UK is there a co2 sensor on the bike when the information that it sends back to the bikes computer is used to reduce emmissions and also has a side effect of loss of power?

3. If they do bring in emmisions testing on motorcycles what will you guys who have fitted -Timiming retard eliminators / Fuel injection processors and had your c02 sensors removed do when its time for a ministry of transpot test?
Back to top Go down
Bunso Steel
Valued Member
Bunso Steel

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Emmissions in the UK   Exhaust Emmissions in the UK Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 2:37 pm

Good point. Maybe the manufacturers are just looking out for the enviroment? Exhaust Emmissions in the UK 4010246051
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Emmissions in the UK   Exhaust Emmissions in the UK Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 3:13 pm

Crash I must be honest and say I don't personal have an answer myself for Q's 1 & 2.
As
for Q 3, If they do bring in a law that requires my bike to meet an emission test based on the stock settings, then I am not concerned at all. I will simply send the fuel processor a map in very lean state for the MOT and send the enhanced map back to it when I get home. sounds like a pain in the arse but it isn't. I could leave my seat now, plug the fuel processor into the laptop, change the map setting on my bike to a lean state and be back sat down here within 10 minutes.
So
Exhaust Emmissions in the UK 1168611302 Europe and any plans you may have in the future, I got it covered .

The only laws we have on the exhaust at present are

The decibel level will be assessed at the discretion of the tester. (find a descent bike friendly tester)
Other checks are:

• The exhaust mountings must be secure and not fouling any part of the rear suspension
  • The exhaust must not be holed and free from leaks from both joints and box(es)
  • Replacements units, other than bikes registered before 01.Jan.1985, must have the BSAU 193 stamp (again find a descent bike friendly tester)
Back to top Go down
exile
exile

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Emmissions in the UK   Exhaust Emmissions in the UK Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 6:50 pm

I saw something on Mythbusters .. I think , where they said that although bikes produce less Co2 emissions than a car.... because they require more energy to push through the air due to their poor aerodynamics... they produce more hydro carbons or some such more dangerous emissions !! Dunno if it's true but they had all the measuring devices to back it up !! BOOOOOO .. mythbusters !
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Emmissions in the UK   Exhaust Emmissions in the UK Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 7:17 pm

Makes sense to me, my bike does less mpg than my car and that carries 5 people
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Emmissions in the UK   Exhaust Emmissions in the UK Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 7:21 pm

Yeah but it don't come close to my push bike Exhaust Emmissions in the UK 2343124779
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Emmissions in the UK   Exhaust Emmissions in the UK Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exhaust Emmissions in the UK
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum :: The Garage :: Exhaust-
Jump to:  
Slide Show
A random selection of suzuki800.com member bikes.
Latest topics
» SUZUKI VL800 2008 fuel injection
Exhaust Emmissions in the UK Icon_minitimeby Steve17hmr Thu Jul 25, 2024 3:00 pm

» M800 lug removal problems
Exhaust Emmissions in the UK Icon_minitimeby gary,, Fri Jul 12, 2024 2:30 pm

» Front Forks Sidelined My Holiday
Exhaust Emmissions in the UK Icon_minitimeby gary,, Fri Jul 12, 2024 1:48 pm

» Hello
Exhaust Emmissions in the UK Icon_minitimeby Badger Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:59 am

» VZ800 Rear Tire to VS800 1997-
Exhaust Emmissions in the UK Icon_minitimeby wcrawford151 Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:40 pm

» Hello!
Exhaust Emmissions in the UK Icon_minitimeby Badger Thu Jun 20, 2024 5:29 pm

» Choke plunger
Exhaust Emmissions in the UK Icon_minitimeby jnsn54398 Tue Jun 18, 2024 5:32 am

» Howdy
Exhaust Emmissions in the UK Icon_minitimeby Philly_pa800 Fri May 24, 2024 8:16 pm

» VZ 800 K7
Exhaust Emmissions in the UK Icon_minitimeby Barwise92 Tue May 21, 2024 2:53 pm

» Hello
Exhaust Emmissions in the UK Icon_minitimeby Barwise92 Tue May 21, 2024 2:50 pm

» Hello, new to the site.
Exhaust Emmissions in the UK Icon_minitimeby Cyriel1980 Mon May 20, 2024 2:16 pm

» Hello All,
Exhaust Emmissions in the UK Icon_minitimeby Badger Thu May 16, 2024 10:56 pm

» G’day
Exhaust Emmissions in the UK Icon_minitimeby Badger Thu May 16, 2024 2:37 pm

» Hi all
Exhaust Emmissions in the UK Icon_minitimeby Badger Thu May 16, 2024 2:33 pm

» just saying hello to this site
Exhaust Emmissions in the UK Icon_minitimeby sgtruth60@gmail.com Tue May 07, 2024 8:04 pm

Exhaust Emmissions in the UK Icon_minitimeby M800chimp Tue May 07, 2024 11:28 am

» 12inch apes
Exhaust Emmissions in the UK Icon_minitimeby Mbroom21 Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:54 pm

» Aye what's happenin'?
Exhaust Emmissions in the UK Icon_minitimeby 717RedRumBob Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:50 am

» Handle bars rotation for comfort
Exhaust Emmissions in the UK Icon_minitimeby Badger Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:20 pm

» Hello!
Exhaust Emmissions in the UK Icon_minitimeby GregWidger Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:16 pm

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password