Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

drive shaft worring

Go down 
+5
fat intruder
simbo
Mr Intruder
alfie92
sifirider
9 posters
AuthorMessage
sifirider
sifirider

drive shaft worring Empty
PostSubject: drive shaft worring   drive shaft worring Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 12:11 pm

Hi guys. I have had my C800, from new since Nov 11. We have done nearly 1500K, not a lot but I am still having a noisy worring sound from the drive shaft when I let off the trottle and use engine breaking and when using my gears to slow me down. I don't think this is normal but may be wrong. Can anybody shed some light. Many thanks. I did mention it on the inital 600 mile service but Suzuki said that the final drive was bomb proof and not to worry, but I do.
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: drive shaft worring   drive shaft worring Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 1:59 pm

First of all drive shafts are good but not bomb proof,it is very hard to pin point a problem without seeing or hearing it.If this is one of your first bikes it could be just a differnt sound than what you are used to,but personally I would get it checked out by another garage if you are that unsure,bearing in mind that it must be under warranty still so be careful,incase the original garage take offence to this.The other way, you can go is go back to the dealership you bought the bike, explain your worries and ask to take another bike ie:C800 out to see if there is any difference,sorry can't be of any more help.Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: drive shaft worring   drive shaft worring Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 2:21 pm

Very good advice there from Alfie

OR you could Pop down to the Ace Cafe on the 7th July LINK
Some of us will be there & we will cast our dodgy eyes over it in comparison to ours. Suspect Your in Kent so your nearly there already drive shaft worring 852880
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: drive shaft worring   drive shaft worring Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 5:21 pm

Good advice off Alfie, I thought I heard a whining noise from mine whilst travelling up to Leeds for a meet, But I'd read the thread about not much grease on the shaft drive a few days before so maybe I was being paranoid ? plus it was the first time I'd wore an open face helmet which give a greater amount of noise, I've bought some grease off Ebay (Honda equivalent) so I'm going to check it this weekend just to be on the safe side whilst I've got my exhaust off.
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: drive shaft worring   drive shaft worring Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 5:50 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
Very good advice there from Alfie

OR you could Pop down to the Ace Cafe on the 7th July LINK
Some of us will be there & we will cast our dodgy eyes over it in comparison to ours. Suspect Your in Kent so your nearly there already drive shaft worring 852880
sounds like a good idear drive shaft worring 565813 drive shaft worring 773589 drive shaft worring 374903 theres three of us so far i think be nice to make it 4
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: drive shaft worring   drive shaft worring Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 9:29 pm

Maybe I've dreamed this, but I'm sure I read somewhere that specifically under engine breaking you will get a bit of a whirr from the driveshaft.

My M800 has only done 6000 miles, and sounds blinking different each time I ride it. Sometimes a bit clattery on the gear changes, other times the exhaust note seems different. As Simba (oops that's Lion King) SIMBO said, things like what helmet you wear make a difference, Also I think WHERE you are... is the sound echoing off buildings etc. My screen even changed the noise of the bike when I fitted it! I swear it acted like a bloody guitar and picked up resonance from the engine through the forks & frame!
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: drive shaft worring   drive shaft worring Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 9:34 pm

Lots of facts there Mal & yep those drive shafts can really whirr when your ears are tuned in to it.
Back to top Go down
Bunso Steel
Valued Member
Bunso Steel

PostSubject: Re: drive shaft worring   drive shaft worring Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 9:27 am

Mine has always whirred on decceleration ever since I picked it up from the dealer. I think its fairly normal so longs as it only makes the noise on decceleration, and not the other way round. Like Mr I said, at the meet on the 7th of july, I'm gonna let the other lads take a ride on my bike and see what they think.
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: drive shaft worring   drive shaft worring Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 11:08 pm

Fit some loud pipes Simon, you'll never have to worry about strange noises ever again !drive shaft worring 3498837457
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: drive shaft worring   drive shaft worring Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 11:26 pm

Twojobmick wrote:
Fit some loud pipes Simon, you'll never have to worry about strange noises ever again !
The pro pipe has been delivered today and would have been on the bike, but we have my mum round for tea on Wednesdays so it'll have to wait till tomorrow drive shaft worring 410694 But hey ya gotta look after ya Mum ❤ Itchy fingers all night though drive shaft worring 852880
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: drive shaft worring   drive shaft worring Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 6:07 am

Gotta love the moma
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: drive shaft worring   drive shaft worring Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 2:35 pm

Twojobmick wrote:
Fit some loud pipes Simon, you'll never have to worry about strange noises ever again !drive shaft worring 3498837457
Got to admire the logic in that quote & how very true. What the ears don't hear that heart don't grieve over, until its to late drive shaft worring 2740622253 drive shaft worring 3213823784
Back to top Go down
sifirider
sifirider

PostSubject: Re: drive shaft worring   drive shaft worring Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 7:14 pm

Thank you guys, but your right. Without hearing it it's hard to make a judgment. I have managed to get the 7th off for the Ace meet. How many will be there and what time? I recon on being there about 11 ish as I only live an hour away. Looking forward to meeting you gents.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: drive shaft worring   drive shaft worring Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

drive shaft worring
Page 1 of 1