Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe

Go down 
+8
simbo
Twojobmick
Mr Intruder
MarcinG
Ian800
alfie92
fat intruder
JB123
12 posters
AuthorMessage
JB123
Prospect
JB123

Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe Empty
PostSubject: Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe   Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 1:09 am

Hi All, glad to join you on this form, I'm the new owner of a VZ - 1998 and want to make a Bobber out of it.

I'd be grateful for any help, pitfalls, or traps to avoid.
My main concern right now is, do the "Universal silencers" we see on ebay etc. for around £100 actually fit a 1998 VZ ? . They say with a little work they will fit, but thought i would ask if any one has bought and used them, how do they sound and do they last.
My second thoughts are on the sprung saddle, I've seen a brill kit on Blue Collar but costs a complete fortune, anyone been through the saddle process or any advice on the best/ most economical route to take for UK/Ireland dwellers

Well apart from that , good to join the club, hopefully brains will be picked and solutions found

Cheers

JB

Last edited by JB123 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe   Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 1:14 am

Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe 304308752   JB
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe   Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 8:05 am

Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe 936075699 JB
Back to top Go down
Ian800
Valued Member
Ian800

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe   Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 8:36 am

Welcome JB
Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe 18617
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe   Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 9:31 am

Welcome JB.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe   Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 11:42 am

Welcome JB Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe 936075699
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe   Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 1:23 pm

Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe 1530558013  JB
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe   Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 6:28 pm

Hi JB Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe 936075699
Back to top Go down
doobie
Valued Member
doobie

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe   Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 9:28 pm

Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe 936075699 jb
Back to top Go down
Freemo
Freemo

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe   Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 11:41 pm

Hi JB, welcome to the forum.

Are you intending to hard tail the frame, if not then I wouldn't bother fitting a sprung saddle. Just mount a custom saddle straight to the frame or with a bracket. Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
JB123
Prospect
JB123

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe   Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 1:20 am

Hi Dudes. Thanks for all the kind welcome notes and comments.

Hey Martin, that is something i didn't think of, a saddle mounted on a plate straight onto the frame, just a little concerned it may look "Flat" aesthetically artificial. No, I'm not going to hardtail the frame, love the ride just how it is with shocks, the geometry of this bike is a perfect fit for me, 5' 7".
I have seen a nice brown leather saddle on ebay at present from India / dehli for about £45 + £12 del and it looks really good, not sure of quality, if anyone's got one, be interested to hear feedback.

Guys anyone ever used the universal slashcuts on ebay, be interested to know if they work/fit the VZ ? otherwise a bit stuck for reasonably priced pipes !
Back to top Go down
Bunso Steel
Valued Member
Bunso Steel

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe   Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 9:51 pm

Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe 2610028573
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe   Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 9:52 pm

Welcome to suzuki800 Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe 936075699
Back to top Go down
JB123
Prospect
JB123

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe   Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 1:08 am

Hey All. Been away for a while but anyone got a glue where i might get a rear fender to suit my bobber plans for the VZ800 w . Has anyone been through this and come out with a happy solution

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe   Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 1:17 am

Ask your questions in the relevant section and I am sure you will get a response my friend.
Back to top Go down
JB123
Prospect
JB123

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe   Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 1:24 am

Thanks Dave ....... See what you mean, new to this game

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe   Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum :: Introductory area :: C'mon in & say hello-
Jump to:  
Slide Show
A random selection of suzuki800.com member bikes.
Latest topics
» SUZUKI VL800 2008 fuel injection
Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe Icon_minitimeby Steve17hmr Thu Jul 25, 2024 3:00 pm

» M800 lug removal problems
Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe Icon_minitimeby gary,, Fri Jul 12, 2024 2:30 pm

» Front Forks Sidelined My Holiday
Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe Icon_minitimeby gary,, Fri Jul 12, 2024 1:48 pm

» Hello
Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe Icon_minitimeby Badger Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:59 am

» VZ800 Rear Tire to VS800 1997-
Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe Icon_minitimeby wcrawford151 Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:40 pm

» Hello!
Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe Icon_minitimeby Badger Thu Jun 20, 2024 5:29 pm

» Choke plunger
Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe Icon_minitimeby jnsn54398 Tue Jun 18, 2024 5:32 am

» Howdy
Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe Icon_minitimeby Philly_pa800 Fri May 24, 2024 8:16 pm

» VZ 800 K7
Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe Icon_minitimeby Barwise92 Tue May 21, 2024 2:53 pm

» Hello
Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe Icon_minitimeby Barwise92 Tue May 21, 2024 2:50 pm

» Hello, new to the site.
Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe Icon_minitimeby Cyriel1980 Mon May 20, 2024 2:16 pm

» Hello All,
Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe Icon_minitimeby Badger Thu May 16, 2024 10:56 pm

» G’day
Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe Icon_minitimeby Badger Thu May 16, 2024 2:37 pm

» Hi all
Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe Icon_minitimeby Badger Thu May 16, 2024 2:33 pm

» just saying hello to this site
Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe Icon_minitimeby sgtruth60@gmail.com Tue May 07, 2024 8:04 pm

Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe Icon_minitimeby M800chimp Tue May 07, 2024 11:28 am

» 12inch apes
Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe Icon_minitimeby Mbroom21 Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:54 pm

» Aye what's happenin'?
Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe Icon_minitimeby 717RedRumBob Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:50 am

» Handle bars rotation for comfort
Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe Icon_minitimeby Badger Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:20 pm

» Hello!
Hey Guys from Ireland - Bobber WannaBe Icon_minitimeby GregWidger Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:16 pm

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password