Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Halloo fae the Highlands

Go down 
+9
Bunso Steel
fat intruder
alfie92
bigmal
captain crash
simbo
NotesNut
Jimmyboy
Skybone
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Skybone
Prospect
Skybone

Halloo fae the Highlands Empty
PostSubject: Halloo fae the Highlands   Halloo fae the Highlands Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 1:34 pm

Hi folks,

Just thought I'd better come & say hello before I peruse the site, or I'll no doubt forget! Wink 

My wife has decided to get back on a bike after about 12 years off one, and she's decided she's wanting a cruiser type bike. As I know next to Fork Hall about cruisers, I thought I had better get onto a forum and get learning about them ASAP.

We started off looking at Virago 535's, but we managed to get a test ride on one last weekend, which she liked, but thought that she'd get very bored, very quickly with one. We've been looking at the 750/800 size bikes, as they should give decent performance and I must admit, I quite like the styling of the VZ's (though not so much as to chop in my current bike for one! :shock: Rolling Eyes Halloo fae the Highlands 56357 ).

The hunt goes on, we literally just missed out on an 800 Marauder locally, but we're currently between the VZ800 & the Kawasaki VN800.
Back to top Go down
Jimmyboy
Valued Member
Jimmyboy

PostSubject: Re: Halloo fae the Highlands   Halloo fae the Highlands Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 3:15 pm

Hi there matey and welcome,
Good luck finding your ideal cruiser, one thing I will say though is that if you can stretch to purchase a VN900 over the VN800 as from what I have read its an all round better package.
Have a look into them both and see what you can find, if I remember right the 900 is shaft drive as apposed to a chain on the 800.

Cheers,

Jim.
Back to top Go down
NotesNut
NotesNut

PostSubject: Re: Halloo fae the Highlands   Halloo fae the Highlands Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 4:17 pm

Hi

The 535  was my first 'big' bike after passing my test - fancied the look for a few years but was very disappointed in the electrics. Lots of problems. I would have put that down to being unlucky but had similar problems with the Virago 250 before I stepped up to the 535.

The VZ800/M800 is a great bike. Simply puts a smile on my face every time I am on it! Enough power when going 2up and nimble enough to filter through squeeky gaps.

Loved the look of the VN900 too, and love the fact that neither has a chain.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Halloo fae the Highlands   Halloo fae the Highlands Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 4:24 pm

Hi Skybone Halloo fae the Highlands 936075699 VZ all the way mate! Well dodgy those Kawasaki's Halloo fae the Highlands 852880
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Halloo fae the Highlands   Halloo fae the Highlands Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 7:32 pm

Welcome and I am sure she will love any intruder model 800, lovelly bikes Halloo fae the Highlands 1530558013 
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: Halloo fae the Highlands   Halloo fae the Highlands Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 8:34 pm

Welcome mate. Hehe "Fork Hall"...... you'll fit in just great round here Wink
Back to top Go down
Skybone
Prospect
Skybone

PostSubject: Re: Halloo fae the Highlands   Halloo fae the Highlands Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 8:57 pm

Cheers for the welcomes folks... just got to find a bike that she likes now (as well as doing lots more cruiser-y homework).
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Halloo fae the Highlands   Halloo fae the Highlands Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 9:09 pm

Skybone wrote:
I must admit, I quite like the styling of the VZ's (though not so much as to chop in my current bike for one!
What's your current bike mate?
Back to top Go down
Skybone
Prospect
Skybone

PostSubject: Re: Halloo fae the Highlands   Halloo fae the Highlands Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 9:09 am

I have a 955 Speed Triple just now, and I'm in the process of trying to sell a TRX850 (to help fund the cruiser purchase!).

The Triple's not exactly a cruiser, but it certainly puts a silly grin on my face! Halloo fae the Highlands 3498837457 Halloo fae the Highlands 696333
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Halloo fae the Highlands   Halloo fae the Highlands Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 9:18 am

Aha the famous grin, that's a modification that is needed on any bike. Good luck with your search
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: Halloo fae the Highlands   Halloo fae the Highlands Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 9:40 am

Halloo fae the Highlands 1530558013 Skybone.
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Halloo fae the Highlands   Halloo fae the Highlands Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 12:19 pm

Halloo fae the Highlands 1530558013
Back to top Go down
Bunso Steel
Valued Member
Bunso Steel

PostSubject: Re: Halloo fae the Highlands   Halloo fae the Highlands Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 11:34 am

Halloo fae the Highlands 2610028573  Sorry for the late welcome mate! Good luck with whatever you decide to purchase in the end. Can't speak for the Kawasaki but I can tell you that you'd not go wrong with an Intruder.
Back to top Go down
smart
Valued Member
smart

PostSubject: Re: Halloo fae the Highlands   Halloo fae the Highlands Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 pm

Hi Skybone Halloo fae the Highlands 304308752  i'm sure you'll find a reasonably priced bike through the winter months good luck Halloo fae the Highlands 184121345
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Halloo fae the Highlands   Halloo fae the Highlands Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 1:16 pm

Hi Skybone hope you find what your looking for. Halloo fae the Highlands 1530558013
Back to top Go down
qqn40z
qqn40z

PostSubject: Re: Halloo fae the Highlands   Halloo fae the Highlands Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 7:03 pm

Halloo fae the Highlands 2610028573 Welcome to the best forum on the internet.
Back to top Go down
Skybone
Prospect
Skybone

PostSubject: Re: Halloo fae the Highlands   Halloo fae the Highlands Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 1:21 pm

A slightly late update...

We managed to find a bike, though unfortunately though, it's not a Marauder, or even a Suzuki. :(

Bought a pretty rough Kwak VN800 Classic for a very good price in Yorkshire while on Holiday, so all I have to do now is to sort it over the winter. It's going to take a while, it looks as though it's not only been used through a few winters and then not cleaned properly afterwards, but it's also been stood for a couple of years, probably in a damp garage or outside under a cover. It runs and rides well, just needs the rust sorting out along with a few other bits, and hopefully, she'll be back on the road for next spring (well, that's the deadline that I've been given! Very Happy ).

Every bike (especially the Suzuki's) that we called about had sold either hours or the day before, and we were getting to the end of our collective tether with the search for a bike, that was not only right for her, but also within budget. TBH, I'd have preferred one that didn't need so much work, but there again, I was fancying getting a project bike to see me through the winter. Two birds with one stone? Hope so, just got to do a decent job on it now.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Halloo fae the Highlands   Halloo fae the Highlands Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 1:26 pm

Sorry that you didn't find what you were initially looking for but chuffed that you have found a bike that you are happy to work on, that Initially seems to be fine & just need a bit of fine tuning and love to make her into what you want. Halloo fae the Highlands 3498837457
Back to top Go down
a4ebh
a4ebh

PostSubject: Re: Halloo fae the Highlands   Halloo fae the Highlands Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 9:54 am

Hi Skybone. At least youll know the bike inside and out after tidying her up. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halloo fae the Highlands   Halloo fae the Highlands Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halloo fae the Highlands
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum :: Introductory area :: C'mon in & say hello-
Jump to:  
Slide Show
A random selection of suzuki800.com member bikes.
Latest topics
» SUZUKI VL800 2008 fuel injection
Halloo fae the Highlands Icon_minitimeby Steve17hmr Thu Jul 25, 2024 3:00 pm

» M800 lug removal problems
Halloo fae the Highlands Icon_minitimeby gary,, Fri Jul 12, 2024 2:30 pm

» Front Forks Sidelined My Holiday
Halloo fae the Highlands Icon_minitimeby gary,, Fri Jul 12, 2024 1:48 pm

» Hello
Halloo fae the Highlands Icon_minitimeby Badger Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:59 am

» VZ800 Rear Tire to VS800 1997-
Halloo fae the Highlands Icon_minitimeby wcrawford151 Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:40 pm

» Hello!
Halloo fae the Highlands Icon_minitimeby Badger Thu Jun 20, 2024 5:29 pm

» Choke plunger
Halloo fae the Highlands Icon_minitimeby jnsn54398 Tue Jun 18, 2024 5:32 am

» Howdy
Halloo fae the Highlands Icon_minitimeby Philly_pa800 Fri May 24, 2024 8:16 pm

» VZ 800 K7
Halloo fae the Highlands Icon_minitimeby Barwise92 Tue May 21, 2024 2:53 pm

» Hello
Halloo fae the Highlands Icon_minitimeby Barwise92 Tue May 21, 2024 2:50 pm

» Hello, new to the site.
Halloo fae the Highlands Icon_minitimeby Cyriel1980 Mon May 20, 2024 2:16 pm

» Hello All,
Halloo fae the Highlands Icon_minitimeby Badger Thu May 16, 2024 10:56 pm

» G’day
Halloo fae the Highlands Icon_minitimeby Badger Thu May 16, 2024 2:37 pm

» Hi all
Halloo fae the Highlands Icon_minitimeby Badger Thu May 16, 2024 2:33 pm

» just saying hello to this site
Halloo fae the Highlands Icon_minitimeby sgtruth60@gmail.com Tue May 07, 2024 8:04 pm

Halloo fae the Highlands Icon_minitimeby M800chimp Tue May 07, 2024 11:28 am

» 12inch apes
Halloo fae the Highlands Icon_minitimeby Mbroom21 Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:54 pm

» Aye what's happenin'?
Halloo fae the Highlands Icon_minitimeby 717RedRumBob Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:50 am

» Handle bars rotation for comfort
Halloo fae the Highlands Icon_minitimeby Badger Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:20 pm

» Hello!
Halloo fae the Highlands Icon_minitimeby GregWidger Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:16 pm

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password