Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello everyone

Go down 
+11
G.Terence
Skidalot
stingray
OldManYam
Mr Intruder
yorky
alfie92
fat intruder
simbo
Ken1964
Sapper-JPD
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Sapper-JPD
Sapper-JPD

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 10:58 am

Hey all,

My name is JP. I've been researching Cruisers for the past 4 months and have fallen in Love... It all started with a google search for the best middleweight Japanese Cruisers. I got lots of articles, videos and pictures .... that's when I saw the M800! I loved it's looks read as much as I could about it... then I came across the C800! and I was head over heels... it took over the M's place. I prefered the more classic look, wider seat big flat-ish headlight and the C800 looks better with a windshield than the M, same goes for the saddlebags. But that's just my opinion Wink.

So I started comparing the C800 to other bikes in its class, the Kawi Vulcan 900, Honda Aero / Shadow 750 and the V-star 950.
what i founds was that I liked the C800 the most but if I got a Vulcan on Sale I'd be tempted to go for it... from what I've read they're good bike, apart from a stiff rear shock that transfers vibrations into the riders rear. I wouldn't be bothered with that as I ride a SYM 200cc scooter! (everyones jaws drop)  Hello everyone 4176454701 and I accept that... which brings me to the next topic :) once I get my licence through direct access, which I'm looking to get through world class rider, the legend Russ Stevenson! also known as Roadcraft Nottingham on YouTube. I want to get a C800, now I've been looking online and they're pretty expensive especially at dealers. And didn't find that many through private sellers, adding to that the fear of getting a ride that's in bad shape. So I thought the best place to ask would be here. 

Do you think I'm crazy going from a scooter that I have ridden for a year to an 800cc Bull? I'm 6'1 and passionate about Cruisers, other bikes are OK but they don't push my buttons like Cruisers do... ever since the movie Terminator from 1984 I've been hooked! I love the dress code and Rock music as well haahahahahah.

Please do comment and advise, I'd love to hear everyones thoughts. Big thanks to admin for the add.

REgards,

JP
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 10:59 am

Welcome
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 11:15 am

Hi JP  Hello everyone 18617 WELM
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 2:45 pm

welcm
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 3:44 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
yorky
VIP Member
yorky

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 4:45 pm

wwweee ..dont worry you are on the right track !
Back to top Go down
Sapper-JPD
Sapper-JPD

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 6:18 pm

Thank you all for such a warm welcome.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 10:01 pm

Welcome JP, what a great introduction. Hello everyone 3498837457   Hello everyone 1530558013
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 10:09 pm

Hello everyone 2773974287  JP, &  Hello everyone 304308752 Hello everyone 18617

Hope the forum further feeds your enthusiasm

Cheers  Hello everyone 256401  Hello everyone 3005623951   Yam
Back to top Go down
Sapper-JPD
Sapper-JPD

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 8:50 am

I'm so enthusiastic I think my wife thought I was chatting to a stripper yesterday lol. She said who are you messaging with such excitement? Lol the animated big bouncing boobs blondie on the homepage didn't help. 

The animation is funny but if someone were to glance at my phone they'd surly think I'm on a naughty site.

Cheers lads, oh and Merry Christmas to everyone :)
Back to top Go down
stingray
Very Valued VIP Member
stingray

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 9:38 am

Hi JP & Hello everyone 2610028573 , "I'll be back"  hyst
Back to top Go down
Skidalot
Very Valued VIP Member
Skidalot

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 10:33 am

Hi JP and wwweee to the forum....Take a tip and don't do as I do and just "think" about getting one for about 10 years, strike while the iron is hot! I wish I'd bought one much sooner now! Hello everyone 3005623951
Back to top Go down
G.Terence
Valued Member
G.Terence

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 1:08 pm

Hello JP
Welcome to the font of all information on the Suzuki 800. What ever you want to know people on this site have the answer. Just ask the question and some person or persons will point you in the right direction. Finally you are not mad I have a Sym 250 scooter I use for running around, but if the sun is shining I do love getting the C800 out and I am 73 to- morrow. Do it and enjoy it while you can, life is not a practice run you only get one go at it.

G. Terence
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 4:58 pm

Hi JP &  WELM from a local Derby owner!
Back to top Go down
smart
Valued Member
smart

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 1:23 am

Hi JP and Hello everyone 304308752
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 7:02 pm

Welcome matey  Hello everyone 2610028573
Back to top Go down
Sapper-JPD
Sapper-JPD

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 11:08 pm

Thank you all, I'm kinda worried about riding in the rain. Fearing rust will eat the bike up. Would love to hear from some who rides year round. Since this I'm new here, and this is the introduction area, which part of the form is for asking questions? 

Ps: Happy 73rd birthday day G. terence  Hello everyone 4094420746
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 11:13 pm

Buy a gallon at a time of WD40 and use that as a polish.
Back to top Go down
Sapper-JPD
Sapper-JPD

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 12:10 pm

Aye looks that way, it's flammable though... riding round the M25 looking like the Ghost Rider... Hell yeah!!

Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 1:40 pm

Hi JP

Sorry I missed this - I've been working over Xmas & trying to catch up now.  You're a local lad then - which part of Notts are you at?  I'm at Stabo - I'm running a bobbed '01 VL 800 after riding a Katana 1100 for 28 years.  I'd been thinking of moving on from a classic sports bike for a while, then after the Kat had an unfortunate fire issue, I decided to take the plunge.  Love it - should have done it years ago.  I've gone down a different route to a lot of the members - VL Bobber - as I'm a "less is more" guy, & I can't leave a bike standard.

Size wise - I'm 6' / 15 st & the size is spot-on - you'd be surprised at how well they handle as well.

Don't worry about rust - just give it a spray over with some Scottoil FS365 - although I can recommend investing in a motorcycle air blower/dryer (or a garden blower, as recommended by Mr I) - if you feel the need to give it a wash off.

I've found this to be the most friendly, helpful forum/club I've ever been involved with.  If you need any advice/help, someone will have an answer.  If you're ever over Stabo way, you're welcome to pop in for a coffee

All the best
Back to top Go down
Sapper-JPD
Sapper-JPD

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 10:16 pm

Alright Dave, I'm currently out of town, stay in Mapperley. "I'll be back" end of Jan. Thanks for the advice pal! I'm loving the site so much info and help... Thanks to everyone. Nice bike I loved the first pic with the stock mudguards, I prefer the Classic look.  And yes coffee would be great!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Hello everyone Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum :: Introductory area :: C'mon in & say hello-
Jump to:  
Slide Show
A random selection of suzuki800.com member bikes.
Latest topics
» SUZUKI VL800 2008 fuel injection
Hello everyone Icon_minitimeby Steve17hmr Thu Jul 25, 2024 3:00 pm

» M800 lug removal problems
Hello everyone Icon_minitimeby gary,, Fri Jul 12, 2024 2:30 pm

» Front Forks Sidelined My Holiday
Hello everyone Icon_minitimeby gary,, Fri Jul 12, 2024 1:48 pm

» Hello
Hello everyone Icon_minitimeby Badger Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:59 am

» VZ800 Rear Tire to VS800 1997-
Hello everyone Icon_minitimeby wcrawford151 Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:40 pm

» Hello!