Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

* What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12*

Go down 
+4
Rattler
Bunso Steel
doobie
Mr Intruder
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

* What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12* Empty
PostSubject: * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12*   * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12* Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 6:51 pm

Just wondered what modifications you guys have got planned for your bikes this winter (Modification season)
I know mods are done all year around but the winter seems to be when the most mods are done on bikes.
I have a few planned at the moment but I have no doubt that by the time winters out I will have done more, at the moment my planned mods are:

To finish off the wiring (next week or two) on my heated seat mod.
Wire in heated handle bar elements that go inside the handle bars, This mod means that my Kuryakin grips can still
stay in place.
Remove clutch lever engine kill switch
Install blue and red led lights all over the bike.
Move the helmet lock that is useless as I have leather bags installed, the lock will be moved to the front offside of the bike.
Spray front brake caliper
Add white wall tyres
Add a .... 2nd stebel horn
Add independent fuse box
Add a light bar & spot lights.
Add a chrome brake reservoir cover
Add new chrome brake & clutch levers
Add Titanium bolts under the floor boards so that sparks fly out when the bike is grounding out on bends.
Add mud flaps front and back, the front one will at least keep a lot of shit off the bike (I will make these)
Add a ride Bell, for good luck * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12* 852880

Last edited by Mr Intruder on Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:33 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
doobie
Valued Member
doobie

PostSubject: Re: * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12*   * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12* Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 7:07 pm

thinking of removing back fender and frame number plate and lights. refitting a new frame and fender fixed to suspension and as close to the back wheel as poss, side plate and new seat configeration and maybe 2" riser's. any ideas will be helpfull
Back to top Go down
Bunso Steel
Valued Member
Bunso Steel

PostSubject: Re: * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12*   * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12* Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 8:57 pm

Looking to get rid of the stock exhaust, and put an aftermarket one on, some sort of power commander or fuel processor, a better air filter, some red led underlights on the tank to illuminate the pots, and switching the headlight & cowl for a double headlight. Thats all on the wishlist, how much of it actually gets done depends on how generous Santa is feeling this year.
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

PostSubject: Re: * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12*   * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12* Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 10:42 pm

Engine guards that I bought today from Mike at Custom Cruisers with a nice 7.5% discount thanks to Mr Intruder :)
Spot light bar
Chrome neck covers
Chrome shaft cover
Passenger footboards
Chrome trim around the tank

Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12*   * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12* Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 11:31 pm

Nothing planned at the moment, but you never know! Hope to ride most days so that should keep me occupied. Best of luck with your mods guys - lots of pics please!
Back to top Go down
exile
exile

PostSubject: Re: * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12*   * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12* Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 3:47 pm

So far ... to fit stainless ape hangers 16" are about right, maybe drill out stock exhausts ..just to make 'em a leeetle bit louder !! I'm going for a toned down bobber look... which the M800 does very well... but I want to be able to put it back to full Rally trim with pillion without much more work than bolt the stuff back on !! .... Lazy (and poor) bugger Me... ! * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12* 433968

PS Oh and a ride bell ..... don't wanna be left out do I ??
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12*   * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12* Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 5:27 pm

exile wrote:
So far ... to fit stainless ape hangers 16" are about right, maybe drill out stock exhausts ..just to make 'em a leeetle bit louder !! I'm going for a toned down bobber look... which the M800 does very well... but I want to be able to put it back to full Rally trim with pillion without much more work than bolt the stuff back on !! .... Lazy (and poor) bugger Me... ! * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12* 433968

PS Oh and a ride bell ..... don't wanna be left out do I ??

What plans have you got for the cables for the 16" apes?
Back to top Go down
exile
exile

PostSubject: Re: * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12*   * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12* Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 6:17 pm

Already had extended ones made up when I fitted the HD fat boy bars ... but deliberately had them made a bit longer .... I think they will be ok.
Brake hose you can get any length on e-bay..
Electrical cables... I'm thinking of getting Suzuki (VL/VZ/GF etc ) either switch gear or headlight wiring loom... then hoping connectors will be the same and just splice wires together,solder , shrinkwrap and Roberts your fathers/mothers brother !!
Well thats the plan !
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12*   * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12* Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 6:38 pm

exile wrote:
then hoping connectors will be the same
Your planing seem to be very similar to my own style * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12* 2740622253
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12*   * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12* Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 6:43 pm

exile wrote:
.........and Roberts your fathers/mothers brother !!
Wouldn't that make Bob your great uncle lol! which technically I believe, should make your plan fail proof. * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12* 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12*   * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12* Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:48 pm

exile wrote:
Already had extended ones made up when I fitted the HD fat boy bars ... but deliberately had them made a bit longer .... I think they will be ok.
Brake hose you can get any length on e-bay..
Electrical cables... I'm thinking of getting Suzuki (VL/VZ/GF etc ) either switch gear or headlight wiring loom... then hoping connectors will be the same and just splice wires together,solder , shrinkwrap and Roberts your fathers/mothers brother !!
Well thats the plan !

Hmm sounds a bit fiddly to me - if I get apes I think I'll go for the 10" ones then I can keep original cabling. I bet yours will look great though - 16's look so cool!
Back to top Go down
'Bo'
'Bo'

PostSubject: Re: * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12*   * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12* Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 4:56 pm

My plans are quite dull compared to the rest of you but then I canna be bothered at the moment. All I intend to do with the HD is find and fit a cool black rack, add engine guards and a ride bell (yeah well superstitious).
As for the VL, putting her back together hopefully without a bag of erroneous nuts and bolts left at the end. And I may treat her to some new mirrors and lights.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12*   * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12* Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 4:59 pm

'Bo' wrote:
As for the VL, putting her back together hopefully without a bag of erroneous nuts and bolts left at the end. .
I couldn't count the times that that has happened to me over the years, and a few times things have been left over because I have found it hard to get it back in and thought oh sod it, it doesn't need it anyway * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12* 852880
Back to top Go down
exile
exile

PostSubject: Re: * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12*   * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12* Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 3:41 pm

Right ... been fiddling in the garage , and decided to scrap apehangers , as I've found that with the bars I got .. i can get them in a position that gives the sit-up an beg riding position I'm after without the trouble and expense of extending cables and wiring!
The other point is it keeps the rideability that may have been a concern with 16" apes. Also gives the bike a more aggressive look although it slightly upsets the aesthetics regarding the line of the forks and bars .... but I can live with that !! So that narrows mods down to a ride bell and exhaust drilling, new front tyre and wash and polish. Oh and clean up and repaint front foot pegs... ad infinitum............
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12*   * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12* Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 3:53 pm

So how do your bars run now as far as the line of the forks?

I had adjusted mine from the slightly leaning back angle that they came in out of the showroom to in line with the fork angle, do you now have yours slightly leaning forward from the angle of the fork?
Back to top Go down
exile
exile

PostSubject: Re: * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12*   * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12* Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 5:56 pm

captain crash wrote:
So how do your bars run now as far as the line of the forks?

I had adjusted mine from the slightly leaning back angle that they came in out of the showroom to in line with the fork angle, do you now have yours slightly leaning forward from the angle of the fork?

Yep CC I had them in line with the fork legs... but moved them forward so that the grip part of the bars are now near enough horizontal. But thinking back to my mates M800 with bloody great apes on it his bars were moved forward quite a long way anyway ..
Just been looking at them again and don't look so bad ..... just not used to it yet I guess !!
Did think of turning the risers round so they curve forward .... but that would look bloody awful I think.... apart from probs mounting the speedo ??
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12*   * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12* Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 6:59 pm

Oh right, I like the sound of that with the top of the bars being horizontal * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12* 184121345
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12*   * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12* Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 7:21 pm

I like the fact that he is thinking as far out of the box as to spinning the risers the wrong way. That's the sort thinking that produces great idea's. * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12* 3498837457
Oh & by the way, that would look awful lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12*   * What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

* What Modifications do you have planned for this winter 2011 / 12*
Page 1 of 1